Alan Nixon and betting odds rumours - Summer 2014 window

Albert

But by the sounds of McClarens comments, Bryson was on the way to Burnley last week, so has Nixon got anything wrong? The deal only really turned in our favour on Wednesday

You are missing the bit i've said last then, why still have you wooden spoon out, basically hinting at possible problems with future deals. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to have McClean here as a player, but as a person.. No chance.

Imagine him lining up against Rangers..

I still don't get this "not as a player" thing, but I guess people still hate those who they don't understand properly. It's easier to assume malice and hate though than it is to understand and accept that difference of opinion is a healthy part of the human experience.

I'd much rather have a player that is slightly controversial for having strong feelings about something that has had a massive effect on their family and home, than one who has had actual problems in the past than many of the problems other players have faced in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd be exactly excited if he signed, I'd actually be pretty neutral on him signing. However, I just don't see the whole poppy thing as a reason to have a strong disdain for him.

I still don't get this "not as a player" thing, but I guess people still hate those who they don't understand properly. It's easier to assume malice and hate though than it is to understand and accept that difference of opinion is a healthy part of the human experience.

I'd much rather have a player that is slightly controversial for having strong feelings about something that has had a massive effect on their family and home, than one who has had actual problems in the past than many of the problems other players have faced in the past.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'd be exactly excited if he signed, I'd actually be pretty neutral on him signing. However, I just don't see the whole poppy thing as a reason to have a strong disdain for him.

Poppy thing aside, I agree with you on that topic, I think he's come across as being a bad tempered, arrogant character. I think he's kicked off once or twice about not getting games. He seems petulant to me. I dunno, just doesn't seem to have the attitude that our players seem to have. The body language and everything.

I couldn't give a toss on his political views.

We claim to be a country of free speech (lol) and then we get angry when someone speaks freely.

Archived