Derby play Rangers at the iPro

See on twitter there's going to be some sort of political flag waving about the union and the Scottish referendum....

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I might bring a posse of flag wavers to express my opinion that Derby County are a good football club and I'm looking forward to the game against Rangers.

Because that's the only opinion I bring with me when I go to the football. Leave the rest of your crap at the turnstiles please.

In fact, leave it at home in Glasgow.

You tell the Scottish FA your political stance and they designate you a club.

A good point there somewhere, i think.

Ok, lets do this.....

1. I am a Rangers supporter. Do i have to be right wing in my views?

2. I am Celtic supporter. Do i have to be left wing in my views? 

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally the perception is that Gers fans tend to be right wing and Celts left. Bearing in mind that the vast majority of both clubs fans are ordinary working people, do you vote for who you are "supposed" to rather than your own personal choice.

Is the Scottish Independence vote going to be decided on religious/sectarian grounds or genuine political beliefs?

A good point there somewhere, i think.

Ok, lets do this.....

1. I am a Rangers supporter. Do i have to be right wing in my views?

2. I am Celtic supporter. Do i have to be left wing in my views? 

I'm sure there are exceptions to the rule but generally the perception is that Gers fans tend to be right wing and Celts left. Bearing in mind that the vast majority of both clubs fans are ordinary working people, do you vote for who you are "supposed" to rather than your own personal choice.

Is the Scottish Independence vote going to be decided on religious/sectarian grounds or genuine political beliefs?

You could say the same about the "I voted for Labour because my family have always voted that way" crowd though. 

You could say the same about the "I voted for Labour because my family have always voted that way" crowd though. 

No, not at all. That's family, you may well be more likely to vote Labour or Tory if your family are staunch voters of either side but its unlikely you'd be swayed once you've left the nest and found your own political views.

A Rangers fan once told me that they'd been told not to vote for the SNP. WTF? how can some one tell you how to vote? Who tells you? Why would you listen to them? I asked him "what do you mean you've been told?". He replied "thats the way we're voting this time".

I got the impression that a whole group of people will vote on what they're told rather than what they believe. Hope i'm wrong!

Please don't classify all Rangers fans as some kind of bigots..A little bit of prejudice in those statements. Oh how ironic.... Mois ???

Anyway a great deal of Gers fans are Nationalists, and no not the same kind of Nationalists that you have down there - EDL, BNP.

I  mean that does not mean all English are racists huh ?

Please don't classify all Rangers fans as some kind of bigots..A little bit of prejudice in those statements. Oh how ironic.... Mois ???

Anyway a great deal of Gers fans are Nationalists, and no not the same kind of Nationalists that you have down there - EDL, BNP.

I  mean that does not mean all English are racists huh ?

Scottish Nationalists?

Are they nationalists because they support Rangers or do they support Rangers because they are nationalists? That's what Utch is getting at.

Or is it neither?

Are the two things mutually inclusive?

Archived