Burnley and QPR attempts to sign Craig Bryson

Jenkinson

Although you say you were wrong about Mcclaren, this posts suggests to me you're looking for any reason to have a go at him.

Leaving Bryson out wasnt the reason we lost that game, you might disagree with the decision to drop him, but to me, it was irrelevant to the result of that game. 

The only thing that separates Bryson is his work rate, movement and desire. His technical ability is quite average and the weakest of our midfield four. Not knocking him at all, as I rate him highly, but physical attributes will only get him so far.

As someone else said, he compliments the midfield well and maybe the other three wouldnt be as effective if he wasnt there. The only reason I'd like to see him go would be to see Valleyram stop posting about him. 

It's crap like that that annoys me East Kent.

Where have I had a go at him? Where is the "any reason" to have a pop?

I had to sit and read you whine about everything for years and you did it in a very aggressive style. You ripped the last manager from pillar to post. Telling anyone who would listen that he had no idea. 

Now I'm not as convinced about this guy as I was the last one but I  haven't "slated" him or even had a go.

All I do is talk about the football, just like before.

No more, no less than that.

By the way, and it's not even his fault but I'd imagine Valleyram will get a tiny sense of satisfaction if Bryson leaves so he can come on and tell everyone that's slated HIM to feck off. 

Hw knows more than you do about Bryson and yet has to get insulted and called a troll by over aggressive fuckwits who've totally changed tack.

The last manager got nowt right and if anyone defended him they were idiots,This new one gets nowt wrong and if anyone questions him, they're idiots.

Oh me oh my.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although you say you were wrong about Mcclaren, this posts suggests to me you're looking for any reason to have a go at him.

Leaving Bryson out wasnt the reason we lost that game, you might disagree with the decision to drop him, but to me, it was irrelevant to the result of that game. 

The only thing that separates Bryson is his work rate, movement and desire. His technical ability is quite average and the weakest of our midfield four. Not knocking him at all, as I rate him highly, but physical attributes will only get him so far.

As someone else said, he compliments the midfield well and maybe the other three wouldnt be as effective if he wasnt there. The only reason I'd like to see him go would be to see Valleyram stop posting about him. 

Let me give you a second, calmer reply as well, because outside of the first line, your post makes a lot of sense and deserves a beter response than me replying angrily cos I've probably pre-judged what you wrote based on years of history.

I think work rate, movement and desire are exactly the reasons he should play.

Goals win games.

It's crap like that that annoys me East Kent.

Where have I had a go at him? Where is the "any reason" to have a pop?

I had to sit and read you whine about everything for years and you did it in a very aggressive style. You ripped the last manager from pillar to post. Telling anyone who would listen that he had no idea. 

Now I'm not as convinced about this guy as I was the last one but I  haven't "slated" him or even had a go.

All I do is talk about the football, just like before.

No more, no less than that.

By the way, and it's not even his fault but I'd imagine Valleyram will get a tiny sense of satisfaction if Bryson leaves so he can come on and tell everyone that's slated HIM to feck off. 

Hw knows more than you do about Bryson and yet has to get insulted and called a troll by over aggressive fuckwits who've totally changed tack.

The last manager got nowt right and if anyone defended him they were idiots,This new one gets nowt wrong and if anyone questions him, they're idiots.

Oh me oh my.

You quite clearly state ' The fact that he left him out at Wembley already unhinged a lot of the credit he'd rightly earned from me'. So a lot of the credit and recognition he gained from leading us to third in the league was undone by a fairly trivial decision of leaving out a player and replacing him with one of likely equal ability. Is that not petty and irrational? How is that not knocking him?

Why does Valleyram know more about Bryson? Genuine question, they related or something? I dont slate Valleyram cos he rates Bryson, I slate him cos he dont f*cking shut up about it and it gets boring. 

To put it bluntly, I didnt rate Clough and felt the club needed a change. How right I was.

Not saying Mcclaren hasnt got things wrong either, just that leaving Bryson out wasnt the reason we lost the final, their are far more valid reasons you can criticise him for. 

I totally get that, it really was a knife-edge decision at the time.

However, I still think it was a mistake - but it's easy to be right after the fact.

Yeah we did it all season its fair on the players im not sure it didnt count against us in the final tbh

I think it's fair to say that for every other game of the last 3 seasons, if Bryson is fit he plays. Can you agree that's a fair thing to say?

He made himself available and wasn't selected. He was asked if he was fit to play and said yes. He wasn't picked.

He's our player of the year and top scoring midfielder and I don't care what kind of manager you are. You don't leave that out.

I wish I could have seen the reaction inside the QPR dressing room when they saw the team sheets. I bet they were dancing with delight.

It was a ******* of massive proportions to leave him out and it robbed him of the chance to play in the bigest game in the clubs recent history.

He'd done enough not to deserve that.

So you would have changed the team that absolutely stuffed Brighton a week before..?? Crazy.

Bryson wasn't fully for, didn't play in arguably the best display of the season, so no, he shouldn't have played and yes the manager got it right.

Bryson played in more games than anyone else in our midfield over the WHOLE of last season.

He was responsible for more goals than anyone else in our midfield over the WHOLE season.

He was responsible for more assists than anyone else in our midfield over the whole season.

He did more than anyone else in our midifleld to make sure we were even in a position to play Brighton.

In every other game since he got here, if he declares himself fit he plays.

In the single most important game of the season he doesn't.

Personally I can't accept that the manager got it right and as much as I love them both as players, Jeff  or Will should have made way.

Still, it's all about opinions. I wont change yours and you won't change mine.

I knew before I posted that I'd get some stick for mine so nothing changes there either :-)

Guys.

After 5 yrs posting on the DET sites ive got bored with the constant NFFC slanging matches so will try and add something of worth to the forums.

Just to comment on this thread we would be mad to sell unless we are talking silly money or the player wants to move on. We have the base to build on and get promoted this season. Selling key players unless circumstances dictate otherwise would be lunacy. Agreed that 3 in to 2 doesnt go but we need a squad and not just a team off 11. We were very fortunate with injuries last season.

If we'd lost at Wembley with Bryson playing people would be saying that it was crazy to change the team that demolished Brighton so convincingly. That Bryson was poor at the Amex and Hughes and Hendrick earned their places at the final.

We were better than QPR. We performed. Why isn't that enough? Why are we second guessing that? We didn't go to Wembley and freeze. We lost because Keogh passed the ball to Zamora in the 90th minute. Also because Buxton and Forsyth made a mess in the corner.

We had chances. Russell was fouled on a 1v1. Bryson, Dawkins, Ward, Martin all had chances they failed to take. We had set pieces all around their goal. Don't see how McClaren made any mistakes.

If we'd lost at Wembley with Bryson playing people would be saying that it was crazy to change the team that demolished Brighton so convincingly. That Bryson was poor at the Amex and Hughes and Hendrick earned their places at the final.

We were better than QPR. We performed. Why isn't that enough? Why are we second guessing that? We didn't go to Wembley and freeze. We lost because Keogh passed the ball to Zamora in the 90th minute. Also because Buxton and Forsyth made a mess in the corner.

We had chances. Russell was fouled on a 1v1. Bryson, Dawkins, Ward, Martin all had chances they failed to take. We had set pieces all around their goal. Don't see how McClaren made any mistakes.

That right there is post of the off season.

If Bryson was about to sign for Burnley, there would have been something about it in the paper or on radio derby.

It wouldn't just come out the blue.

Plus Bryson wont go to Burnley.

I thought shackell wouldn't go and he did.

Hope all these rumours aren't true but for some reason I've got a feeling he will go, not necessarily Burnley mind.

Why are people going on about the final couple games of the season - that has little bearing as to how good Bryson is or isn't.

We've had three seasons of him - surely people know how much of an asset he has been and would continue to be.

I'm not saying we can't get promoted without him but you can't deny he would be a loss in many ways.

Archived