Raleigh Burner Project

REDCAR

Thought I would share with you all what I have been up to in my spare time.

Mate of mine (Derby fan in the East Stand), asked if I would "do up" his 32 year old Raleigh Burner last summer.... I gladly obliged and over the last few weeks.... months I have slowly sourced parts on eBay and put it back together.

Cost a small fortune to do... parts alone he didn't get much change out of £500... but it was his bike as a kid and will keep it now forever, which only last summer was heading for the tip.

I am sure some of you were lucky enough back in the day to have one... anyway.... before and after.

"http://i59.tinypic.com/6p18ye" alt="6p18ye">

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks brilliant Redcar, if Raleigh Burners could talk, imagine the stories they could tell about us... they saw everything :lol:

Well done mate!

Boycie I owned (4th owner at least) a Grifter, felt like it should have had an engine. Did you ever get the front end up?!

Looks brilliant Redcar, if Raleigh Burners could talk, imagine the stories they could tell about us... they saw everything :lol:

Well done mate!

Boycie I owned (4th owner at least) a Grifter, felt like it should have had an engine. Did you ever get the front end up?!

you filthy swine!

It weighed a ton didn't it, always wanted a long mud guard for mine, as I was fed up of getting the mud stripe up my back when it was wet.

Come on then, how many original parts are actually left on the bike?

Parts retained:

• Frame

• Handle bars

• Forks

• Chain ring

• Stem

• Tyres

• Its soul

NOS Replaced;

• Brake levers

• Brake calipers

• Brake cables

• Brake pads

• Wheels

• Tyres

• Grips

• Head set

• Chain

• Pad set

• Bottom bracket

• One piece crank

• Reflector

• Decal set

• Seat

• Seat Post

• Seat post clamp

:) 

I've seen a brand new one on eBay for £79.99

You missed a trick, you could have been £420 better off, with some beer money for the scrap.

I saw it... there was another '9' in the price though.

Archived