When were expectations as high as this?

ariotofmyown

Sorted then mo55y - relegation dog fight next season ;)

We are in an excellent position where this is a young team being built by mcClaren rather than a relegated team full of stars who want to go on their way. All the players seem to be saying the same thing that this team will stick toghether and come back better and stronger.

All I can say is that I can't wait for the fixtures to come out and the season to start, lets finish the job started this season......COYR 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been said here already but we really do need to just calm down a bit. There's no reasons we can't do it, but there's no guarantee we will. There are 23 other teams in the league. If we don't start well, there's no use turning on the team.

Strangely enough being a Derby fan I can't recall being unduly shocked by any of the results once we got going.  The normal flatter to deceive scenario has been run for me year after year.  This feels different somehow

Expectations are now very high. Maybe too high. We have a great squad and manager but I hope fans don't turn if we hit a sticky patch

We have a long season ahead

It'll be a tough season, but if the players are back and ready to go again, I don't see why it can't be a good one. As you say though, the key is, as always, patience.

Strangely enough being a Derby fan I can't recall being unduly shocked by any of the results once we got going.  The normal flatter to deceive scenario has been run for me year after year.  This feels different somehow

I hate to highlight my man crush again but every time I hear McClaren speak, I just feel reassured. He's calm, he's thoughtful, he's logical, he's straightforward. Not for him any of the bull tish excuses post game. Even after Wembley, his comment that it just showed that we weren't ready for promotion was (in my view) precisely what he should have said.

Now, I may have a messiah complex here but he shows a professionalism and a thoroughness I can't recall too often. Hate to say it but only George Burley comes close in this sense for me.

Archived