Good reasons for been in the Championship next season

ariotofmyown

1) It's difficult not to see us really challenging for automatic next season. Unless we lose some main players (unlikely) our team under McClaren has looked as good as anyone. I can see 2-3 of our loan players returning in some capacity and if they don't, then Derby will be the destination of choice for teams to send their players to.

2) No Leicester or Burnley next year. We always lose to them.

3) Teams coming down are fairly average. If a Sunderland, Villa or West Ham had come down, you would assume they would take an top 2 spot. Conversely, Premiership will be stronger now it's shed some rubbish. The above 3 will improve and then it's hard to see past the promoted 3 for relegation. Hull? Swansea? Leicester could also spend a fortune meaning if we had gone up, relegation would have been very hard to avoid.

4) Winning yesterday could have been promotion too soon. Yes, of course we wanted to go up, but going up last time when we weren't ready was a disaster. Another season in the Champs will allow us to build the squad with an eye to promotion. We can bring in players who will be good enough for the Prem when we get there-and we'll be able to attract them. QPR have gone up and need an immediate clear out.

5) Our new position as everyone's 2nd favourite team should help us attract our new Dave Mackay/Igor. This experienced player is probably all we really missed. Get looking abroad perhaps for the older, cultured focal point of our team

6) This season has been great. So will the next one. There is a high probability that next year in the Prem wouldn't have been great.

7) Cheaper tickets, more games, more interesting away trips (Brentford rather than Chelsea, Wolves rather than Swansea) and more 3pm Saturdays rather than all those dull Sundays cos of Europa League.

8) We get to play Forest twice

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a chance going in to every single game, it's all we really want. I honestly couldn't care what league Derby are in. I'll be there, and I'll be more excited about it if we can win the games.

Can we add the birth of the permanent South Stand. Let's see if it can be like Forest/Brighton even against the likes of Brentford.

Next season will be my first full one and I'm very excited about it. Just a question for you more seasoned Rams if you would be so kind as to help? I will be trying to get to as many away games as possible but am just wondering if I will get a ticket for them or not. I have no idea how the away tickets system works and if there are plenty to go around or whether Derby get allocated so many by each club and they always sell out. I have a season ticket so will I be able to get a guaranteed ticket for away games? Any info would be much appreciated.

Difference is we didn't expect promotion this year so the squad was paper thin for it. Next season we expect promotion, so we should have a squad ready for it, or so it should be unless we have to further cut wages :angry::angry:

3 mil from playoffs should help

Next season will be my first full one and I'm very excited about it. Just a question for you more seasoned Rams if you would be so kind as to help? I will be trying to get to as many away games as possible but am just wondering if I will get a ticket for them or not. I have no idea how the away tickets system works and if there are plenty to go around or whether Derby get allocated so many by each club and they always sell out. I have a season ticket so will I be able to get a guaranteed ticket for away games? Any info would be much appreciated.

For the vast majority of away games, if not all, your ST will be enough. The Forest game is the only exception but I've got a ticket for the last 4 years with just my ST

Absolutely gutted yesterrday but what a time we have had.

So many people looking at the way we play even friends at work in London who r not fans look at Derby results

I think Derby have done us proud this season I hope this team stays together and gives us the great Fo

otball we have watched this season again

Proud but gutted Ram

Rotherham is a really tidy ground actually and probably the best lower league 'new build' ground I've been to tbh. The steps in the away end are really steep and the view and acoustics are superb. Plus it's just up the road!

Rotherham is a really tidy ground actually and probably the best lower league 'new build' ground I've been to tbh. The steps in the away end are really steep and the view and acoustics are superb. Plus it's just up the road!

only being slightly facetious - rotherham is a great replacement for barnsley being relegated

and you are quite right new ground is nice enough too.

(i worked there for a while and had a great time)

Archived