Central Midfield

Wilson14

Two more sleeps and it's here, albeit sleepless nights for old Stevie Mac maybe? Landed with the problem of picking the two central midfielders to start on Saturday with all three options in good form:

Craig Bryson: Arguably our best player this season. Missed the second leg against Brighton but I have to say we looked comfortable without him. Guaranteed start though surely?

Jeff Hendrick: Showed a lot of class towards the end of the season and has now added more goals to smooth his all round game (4 in 7 I believe). Would be harsh to leave out after his rich vain of form.

Will Hughes: The Championship's Young Player of the Year & made the Championship's Team of the Year. A MOTM performance against a mediocre Brighton team in the play-off second leg, and put up his case why he should start on Saturday.

Thorne

Bryson   Hendrick

Thoughts?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love Hughes but would have to have Hedrick and Bryson! Hendrick bombs on a lot more and in Thas game would cause them more problems that young will

I keep chopping and changing my mind! Young Hughes does have the ability to change/dictate a game. Also, if he does play, I can see QPR focusing on keeping him quiet making it easier for Bryson, Ward and Russell to find space.

That's when his managerial nous will come in to play - Im sure they will both get time on the pitch and relish every second, like they should. 

Hendrick to start for me - Hughsie on when everyones bolloxed/ 

Bryson and Thorne are in no doubt - Bryson is a big match player, he thrives on these types of games. 

Hendrick and Hughes, I'd hate to be Steve when he tells one of them they're not going to play.

As much as I agree about Bryson he wasn't great against Brighton and Hughes and Hendrick in the second leg were class.

As much as I agree about Bryson he wasn't great against Brighton and Hughes and Hendrick in the second leg were class.

Aye Bryson wasn't good at Brighton , let's drop him for the final , beggars belief what I read on here at times , I think if it was a normal run of the mill league game Stevie mac might have gone with the same 11 that played against Brighton but this is no normal game , it's a one off and bryson must start , this could set the club up for years

Archived