Good luck

lcfc88

Hi, I suppose I may be an intruder on this forum as I am a Leicester fan but hear me out. I would just like to wish you guys luck for this weekend. Derby are a club which is ran in the right way, managed in the right way and in my honest opinion I believe you deserve promotion. I would enjoy nothing more then a local trip to Pride Park (sorry can't bring myself to call it the iPro) as a Premier League fixture. I respect the fact that a vast majority of your players are English and home grown and on the other hand I think QPR are a disgusting football club, I oppose everything they are, a squad full of overpaid or overrated has-beens (similar to Leicester in the 2011/12 season). Most importantly, seeing Nottingham Forest all alone in the lower leagues would make my day, they have some horrible fans who can't let go of the past, and even though I would consider Derby a rival, I have never met a single Derby fan who has made me dislike your club and any of you I have met have got your head firmly screwed on. I will be watching on Saturday as a secret Derby County fan and hope you enjoy the occasion.

Genuinely want Leicester vs Derby to be a Premier League fixture next season. All the best.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, I suppose I may be an intruder on this forum as I am a Leicester fan but hear me out. I would just like to wish you guys luck for this weekend. Derby are a club which is ran in the right way, managed in the right way and in my honest opinion I believe you deserve promotion. I would enjoy nothing more then a local trip to Pride Park (sorry can't bring myself to call it the iPro) as a Premier League fixture. I respect the fact that a vast majority of your players are English and home grown and on the other hand I think QPR are a disgusting football club, I oppose everything they are, a squad full of overpaid or overrated has-beens (similar to Leicester in the 2011/12 season). Most importantly, seeing Nottingham Forest all alone in the lower leagues would make my day, they have some horrible fans who can't let go of the past, and even though I would consider Derby a rival, I have never met a single Derby fan who has made me dislike your club and any of you I have met have got your head firmly screwed on. I will be watching on Saturday as a secret Derby County fan and hope you enjoy the occasion.

Genuinely want Leicester vs Derby to be a Premier League fixture next season. All the best.

You really know all the lines don't you? That'll go down well.

Thank you. You sure it's not so you have at least 6 points already for next season?

I work with a lad that used to be in the Derby youth set up and the banter building up to these games is excellent to say the least. I just hope I enjoy the banter following the match even more.

Nope, I reckon it's because their part time fans have a local game to go to without spending too much cash on travel.

Not a part time fan at all mate. Season ticket holder since 1998. Made it to 14 away matches this season, I admit that I won't make it to as many next season due to some of the scandalous ticket prices (heard some of the London clubs' ticket prices are extortionate). Derby has always been very affordable for me, so I'll definitely be there next season if you go up.

What's all this Leicester fans warming up to us? I don't get it. They genuinely think we are rivals and we are not. Cue the boos! (Gulp)

You can consider whoever you want to be your rival. My experience with Forest fans has led me to despise their club more then any other and due to my location I also consider Derby our rivals. I work with a few Derby fans who consider us rivals too. I was just wishing your boys good luck as it has only ever been a friendly rivalry to me as oppose to the feirce rivalry I have with Forest. I would never post this on their forum, that's for sure.

You really know all the lines don't you? That'll go down well.

What do you mean? I can't stand stadiums being named to advertise a company, I still refer to our place as Filbert Street even though it's about half a mile away from the stadium.

What do you mean? I can't stand stadiums being named to advertise a company, I still refer to our place as Filbert Street even though it's about half a mile away from the stadium.

He just means it's a good chat up line on Derby fans because a lot still call it Pride Park.

tbh I prefer iPro. I actually call it the iPro. But your stadium name is ridiculous now. Walkers was ok.

I loved going to Filbert Street.

I feel like we've got a point to prove v Leicester now. Fed up of getting murdered every time. Watching you celebrate is getting old. Good luck in the PL.

He just means it's a good chat up line on Derby fans because a lot still call it Pride Park.

tbh I prefer iPro. I actually call it the iPro. But your stadium name is ridiculous now. Walkers was ok.

I loved going to Filbert Street.

I feel like we've got a point to prove v Leicester now. Fed up of getting murdered every time. Watching you celebrate is getting old. Good luck in the PL.

Oh right, the feeling is mutual then. The Walkers Stadium was a horrific name, would have preferred them to call it The Ian Walker Stadium, it was bad enough turning up on match day dressed as a packet of cheese and onion crisps. I do like having king power on the shirt though, looks loads better. Yeah you're right, watching Leicester celebrate is getting old (head starts to swell up) :)

I don't mind Leicester seeing Derby as rivals.

It all depends on what area of the city you're from.

I personally have never seen them as rivals, though they're clearly in the mould of Stoke City as a team close by where the crowd is likely to be bigger and that of course adds something abit more.

They're definitely not just some other game, but they're far behind in the list of 'disliked' clubs. 

I'm not a fan of how they're perceiving to have won the league fairly this season. They've been utterly bankrolled for the past few years and their current XI is only second to QPR's as the most expensively assembled in the league. They go on as if they've done it 'the right way' - erm, no they haven't, not by a long way.

Plus, they cheated the administration rule and never got punished.

They're probably one of the most fortunate clubs financially in England and it annoys me how this is suddenly forgotten when they got promoted. The BBC have an article which says something like '10 reasons Leicester got promoted' and not once in there does it mention the $30m plus they've squandered to get in that position. It makes out they've done it through unearthing gems and being tactically astute.

Archived