Good luck

lcfc88

I don't mind Leicester seeing Derby as rivals.

It all depends on what area of the city you're from.

I personally have never seen them as rivals, though they're clearly in the mould of Stoke City as a team close by where the crowd is likely to be bigger and that of course adds something abit more.

They're definitely not just some other game, but they're far behind in the list of 'disliked' clubs.

I'm not a fan of how they're perceiving to have won the league fairly this season. They've been utterly bankrolled for the past few years and their current XI is only second to QPR's as the most expensively assembled in the league. They go on as if they've done it 'the right way' - erm, no they haven't, not by a long way.

Plus, they cheated the administration rule and never got punished.

They're probably one of the most fortunate clubs financially in England and it annoys me how this is suddenly forgotten when they got promoted. The BBC have an article which says something like '10 reasons Leicester got promoted' and not once in there does it mention the $30m plus they've squandered to get in that position. It makes out they've done it through unearthing gems and being tactically astute.

Fair point I suppose but the job Pearson has done is phenomenal, he came back and cleaned up Sven's expensive mess and replaced it with a far cheaper and more talented one. Nigel hasn't actually spent that much since he came back in late 2011, of the current squad;

Richie De Laet 500k

Wes Morgan 1M

Marcin Wasilewski Free

Matty James Free

Danny Drinkwater 700k

Dean Hammond 250k

Anthony Knockaert 800k

Riyad Mahrez 400k

Lloyd Dyer 300k (signed in previous spell)

Jamie Vardy 1M

Chris Wood 1M

Kevin Phillips Free

Gary Taylor-Fletcher Free

I think that is it. All in all about 6 million quid. QPR spent 10 million this season alone, god knows how much last season. I suspect Wigan's squad perhaps cost more then ours.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair point I suppose but the job Pearson has done is phenomenal, he came back and cleaned up Sven's expensive mess and replaced it with a far cheaper and more talented one. Nigel hasn't actually spent that much since he came back in late 2011, of the current squad;

Richie De Laet 500k

Wes Morgan 1M

Marcin Wasilewski Free

Matty James Free

Danny Drinkwater 700k

Dean Hammond 250k

Anthony Knockaert 800k

Riyad Mahrez 400k

Jamie Vardy 1M

Chris Wood 1M

Kevin Phillips Free

I think that is it. All in all about 6 million quid. QPR spent 10 million this season alone, god knows how much last season. I suspect Wigan's squad perhaps cost more then ours.

I beg to differ. Leicester fans (that I've read) so he's done a phenonemal job but he hasn't really...

He took over Sven's expensively assembled sqaud (which was a top 6 squad anyway) and had the luxury of being able to ship out the dead wood but keep the core of the top 6 squad and buy players freely to add what was needed.

It's not like he walked into a relegation-threatened squad with a bunch of rubbish high earners and had to sell and then buy whilst using a moderate budget on low wages. 

Pearson has been given time, money, luxury and had a massive headstart on like 90% of the championship to start with.

You've been excellent this season and 102 points in the Championship reflects that. But let's be honest, You'd expect any decent manager to be able to have done what Pearson has done over the last few years. 

I have nothing against Leicester at all and I genuinely hope you have a good season next year. But I'm not being lured into this false idea that you've done it through hardwork, astute management or by some kind of miracle. It was an expected promotion from a team which has outspent almost everyone in the league and IMO it's a delayed promotion. 

I beg to differ. Leicester fans (that I've read) so he's done a phenonemal job but he hasn't really...

He took over Sven's expensively assembled sqaud (which was a top 6 squad anyway) and had the luxury of being able to ship out the dead wood but keep the core of the top 6 squad and buy players freely to add what was needed.

It's not like he walked into a relegation-threatened squad with a bunch of rubbish high earners and had to sell and then buy whilst using a moderate budget on low wages.

Pearson has been given time, money, luxury and had a massive headstart on like 90% of the championship to start with.

You've been excellent this season and 102 points in the Championship reflects that. But let's be honest, You'd expect any decent manager to be able to have done what Pearson has done over the last few years.

I have nothing against Leicester at all and I genuinely hope you have a good season next year. But I'm not being lured into this false idea that you've done it through hardwork, astute management or by some kind of miracle. It was an expected promotion from a team which has outspent almost everyone in the league and IMO it's a delayed promotion.

I have to say that this is pretty much spot on, but getting rid of the high earners was not easy. Appropriate clubs couldn't afford their wages, and the ones that could didn't want them because they weren't good enough. Pearson has only retained three (Schmeichel, Konchesky, Nugent) of Sven's squad. I'm not saying he's world class by any means, I have occasionally had my doubts about him but I have never wanted him to leave. I'll always remember him after he's gone, and for that he is "phenomenal" to me personally as I'm sure some of your ex-managers are to you. He's certainly well on his way to becoming our best ever manager, nothing on old Cloughy though (Brian not Nigel). Looking forward to the game tomorrow anyway, good luck.

If all goes well I might pop back on next season for a bit of pre/post match banter. :)

I have to say that this is pretty much spot on, but getting rid of the high earners was not easy. Appropriate clubs couldn't afford their wages, and the ones that could didn't want them because they weren't good enough. Pearson has only retained three (Schmeichel, Konchesky, Nugent) of Sven's squad. I'm not saying he's world class by any means, I have occasionally had my doubts about him but I have never wanted him to leave. I'll always remember him after he's gone, and for that he is "phenomenal" to me personally as I'm sure some of your ex-managers are to you. He's certainly well on his way to becoming our best ever manager, nothing on old Cloughy though (Brian not Nigel). Looking forward to the game tomorrow anyway, good luck.

If all goes well I might pop back on next season for a bit of pre/post match banter. :)

I think MON may have something to say about that. Two trophies and sustained PL status on a moderate budget will surely outdo Pearson unless he somehow breaks into the Premier League top 6 on a consistant basis.

I actually think Pearson is a good manager, though perhaps slightly defensive-minded, but it was his time at Hull which impressed me originally.

Like I mentioned before, good luck in the Premier League, it will be interesting to see if you can stay up.

Richie De Laet 500k

Wes Morgan 1M

Marcin Wasilewski Free

Matty James Free

Danny Drinkwater 700k

Dean Hammond 250k

Anthony Knockaert 800k

Riyad Mahrez 400k

Jamie Vardy 1M

Chris Wood 1M

Kevin Phillips Free

Did you really got Knockeart that cheap? I was sure I'd seen £2.5m and more quoted around. If he was £800k then I'd say that's a real bargain as the lad has looked class whenever I've seen him play.

I thought you'd paid more than that for big Wes as well. 

Overall some exellent signings in amonst there, not a small amount spent by any means, but very intelligently spent. 

Good luck in the prem next year, though obviously not if you end up playing us!

I do fear for the football league show now though, how are they possibly gonna fill their slot if they can't spend 45 minutes vvanking over the foxes!? (that sounds wrong, sorry)

Did you really got Knockeart that cheap? I was sure I'd seen £2.5m and more quoted around. If he was £800k then I'd say that's a real bargain as the lad has looked class whenever I've seen him play.

Overall some exellent signings in amonst there, not a small amount spent by any means, but very intelligently spent. 

I do fear for the football league show now though, how are they possibly gonna fill their slot if they can't spend 45 minutes vvanking over the foxes!? (that sounds wrong, sorry)

Dont worry, they'll shorten the football league show so Gary liniker can vvank over them instead

I don't mind Leicester seeing Derby as rivals.

It all depends on what area of the city you're from.

I personally have never seen them as rivals, though they're clearly in the mould of Stoke City as a team close by where the crowd is likely to be bigger and that of course adds something abit more.

They're definitely not just some other game, but they're far behind in the list of 'disliked' clubs. 

I'm not a fan of how they're perceiving to have won the league fairly this season. They've been utterly bankrolled for the past few years and their current XI is only second to QPR's as the most expensively assembled in the league. They go on as if they've done it 'the right way' - erm, no they haven't, not by a long way.

Plus, they cheated the administration rule and never got punished.

They're probably one of the most fortunate clubs financially in England and it annoys me how this is suddenly forgotten when they got promoted. The BBC have an article which says something like '10 reasons Leicester got promoted' and not once in there does it mention the $30m plus they've squandered to get in that position. It makes out they've done it through unearthing gems and being tactically astute.

This isn't the thread to do so, but maybe you would like to explain what you mean by that on another thread so that I can refute it?

Other than that, I'd like to join LCFC88 in wishing you all the best for Saturday. I don't share his dislike of QPR, though I am no fan of Redknapp, and I'm looking forward to watching the match. It would be great to see you promoted, though. I've promised a Sheepsh*gger mate of mine that I will, if at all possible, come over for the match at Pride Park, because I've never been to the ground, despite promising to do so on three or four occasions. It would be good to make it next season. And like LCFC88, I'd get enormous pleasure at looking down on Florist, washing around all alone in the lower reaches.

Enjoy the day - I hope it's a good match.

I think MON may have something to say about that. Two trophies and sustained PL status on a moderate budget will surely outdo Pearson unless he somehow breaks into the Premier League top 6 on a consistant basis.

I actually think Pearson is a good manager, though perhaps slightly defensive-minded, but it was his time at Hull which impressed me originally.

Like I mentioned before, good luck in the Premier League, it will be interesting to see if you can stay up.

If you believe Pearson is a defensive minded manager then that leads me to believe you didn't see us play last season. All the best tomorrow guys.

He cost 800k mate, where did you hear 2.5M? Riyad Mahrez is better though and he cost 400k, now that is a bargain. Where did you find Bryson, and how much? I rate him.

He cost 800k mate, where did you hear 2.5M? Riyad Mahrez is better though and he cost 400k, now that is a bargain. Where did you find Bryson, and how much? I rate him.

Bryson came from Kilmarnock up in Scotland for around £350K absolute bargain.

If you believe Pearson is a defensive minded manager then that leads me to believe you didn't see us play last season. All the best tomorrow guys.

IMO he is a defensive minded manager, though last season you guys scored heaps of goals but given the circumstances you would have done under most managers.

I guess we will have to wait until next season to see how you line up.

I could be totally wrong, but he doesn't come across as attack-minded and in your cup game at Stoke City you seemed to set up to just contain. We will see next season.

Honestly can't remember where, probably some b*llocks rag like the mirror or something! I just remember reading it somehwere and thinking that's a lot of money for a relative unknown.

I saw some impressive highlights of Mahrez towards the end of the season but not really seen enough to comment on how good he is but at that price could be a really great find. 

As has been said above Byson was a cheap deal from Kilmarnock (300,000-ish) and at the time I think most people thought he would be a Paul Green-esque player for us, lots of energy and a couple goals now and then but he has proved to be so much more and seems to be getting better and better!

IMO he is a defensive minded manager, though last season you guys scored heaps of goals but given the circumstances you would have done under most managers.

I guess we will have to wait until next season to see how you line up.

I could be totally wrong, but he doesn't come across as attack-minded and in your cup game at Stoke City you seemed to set up to just contain. We will see next season.

He was a defensive minded manager but this season I think he has changed his philosophy a bit. We certainly seem more attacking then in previous seasons. I suspect that he will be back to his defensive strategy next season. If it keeps us up I can have no complaints. What do you guys make of Matthew Upson? We signed him earlier today.

Honestly can't remember where, probably some b*llocks rag like the mirror or something! I just remember reading it somehwere and thinking that's a lot of money for a relative unknown.

I saw some impressive highlights of Mahrez towards the end of the season but not really seen enough to comment on how good he is but at that price could be a really great find.

As has been said above Byson was a cheap deal from Kilmarnock (300,000-ish) and at the time I think most people thought he would be a Paul Green-esque player for us, lots of energy and a couple goals now and then but he has proved to be so much more and seems to be getting better and better!

800k was the official fee. Gotta be worth 5M or so now. I personally think Mahrez is better, look out for him in the world cup when Algeria play.

He was a defensive minded manager but this season I think he has changed his philosophy a bit. We certainly seem more attacking then in previous seasons. I suspect that he will be back to his defensive strategy next season. If it keeps us up I can have no complaints. What do you guys make of Matthew Upson? We signed him earlier today.

I think you've signed a reputation. A "Premier League player" in the same way that many premier league players float about amongst struggling teams with their big wage demands living off their past. I'm sure some managers will think "well this is the best league in the world and I must sign players that are established here to survive". Hence you end up playing pass the parcel with overpaid players who are one relegation away from not getting a kick in the top flight again.

I'm sure Upson is decent. But I think you already have decent?

I think Upson was the defneder which brought down Forsyth to win us the penalty - he was clearly an excellent player during his peak but I'm not so sure of his ability now. It could be a masterstroke, or it could be just a squadfiller.

I think Pearson would be better off sticking to an attacking prinicpal. I can't remember any defensive-minded teams (unless it's Allardyce or Pulis) which have succeeded in the Premier League.

I genuinely believe the best teams are those that go for it abit more, teams like Swansea and Sotuhampton and luckily for us we play exactly the same kind of football as Southampton in exactly the same kind of system (just without their ability of course).

Teams that go up and try and be solid, unfashionable percentage teams tend to struggle - like Cardiff, Norwich City and even Hull's 37 points isn't actually good as they probably would have gone down in most other seasons with that points tally.

I have no idea how Leicester will do, but I think you guys can aim to be above the likes of Burnley, Hull, WBA, Sunderland, Aston Villa and the winner of Derby/QPR without any problems (Assuming both Allardyce and Pulis stay I can see Palace and West Ham easily staying up again).

I think you've signed a reputation. A "Premier League player" in the same way that many premier league players float about amongst struggling teams with their big wage demands living off their past. I'm sure some managers will think "well this is the best league in the world and I must sign players that are established here to survive". Hence you end up playing pass the parcel with overpaid players who are one relegation away from not getting a kick in the top flight again.

I'm sure Upson is decent. But I think you already have decent?

Hit the nail on the head there mate, couldn't agree more. 35 years old is ok if your a goalkeeper. What about Marc Albrighton then? Just signed him. Pearson is on a mad one.

Archived