Tube Strikes

Asanovic

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I work in Northwood at the top of the Met line and have been stung by many tube strikes in my 18 months down here. If any fans are parking at Watford or that area I suggest taking the London Over Ground from Watford Junction / Watford High St / Bushey or Carpenters Park and this is a direct line to Wembley Central.

See you all at Wembley COYR!!!

For anyone travelling to Victoria coach station then to Wembley (without the tube). 

The best way is the number 2 bus from Victoria to Marylebone Station and then the number 18 bus to Wembley central station you could also get the over ground train from Marylebone Station to Wembley central that takes about 9 minutes and is £7:50 return.

Alternative if the weather’s nice and you may fancy taking in a few of the sights it’s about a 45 minute walk from Victoria to  Marylebone past buck house and through hyde park.

Very confusing, unless the first link is referring to having replacement bus services...

I'd imagine the strikes will go ahead, the last 3 or 4 have gone ahead with or without Bob Crow. They're absolutely holding London and TfL to ransom over this. To have one strike in a year is understandable, but to have 3/4 in the space of a few months is beyond a joke. The people of London understand the RMT's concerns over closing ticket offices, and although this is a different issue, its only going to damage TfL's image and make people against the underground workers even more. 

If it goes ahead, I've somehow got to get from Woolwich in South East London to North West London without using a tube. Does anyone know a way?? Looks like it might be an early start on Saturday morning...

I work in Northwood at the top of the Met line and have been stung by many tube strikes in my 18 months down here. If any fans are parking at Watford or that area I suggest taking the London Over Ground from Watford Junction / Watford High St / Bushey or Carpenters Park and this is a direct line to Wembley Central.

See you all at Wembley COYR!!!

Cheers. That's exactly what we are doing. Staying overnight in Watford, few minutes walk from the hotel to Watford Junction, sorted. Oyster cards on standby….

Best way from St. Pancras? Thinking overground to Euston then Wembley Central? Or is there a better way?

St Pancras to Euston is a 5 minute walk.

Very confusing, unless the first link is referring to having replacement bus services...

I'd imagine the strikes will go ahead, the last 3 or 4 have gone ahead with or without Bob Crow. They're absolutely holding London and TfL to ransom over this. To have one strike in a year is understandable, but to have 3/4 in the space of a few months is beyond a joke. The people of London understand the RMT's concerns over closing ticket offices, and although this is a different issue, its only going to damage TfL's image and make people against the underground workers even more. 

If it goes ahead, I've somehow got to get from Woolwich in South East London to North West London without using a tube. Does anyone know a way?? Looks like it might be an early start on Saturday morning...

Get a lift to Shepards Bush and walk with the Rangers boys..

It's an option at least.

Im heading down on the train and then the underground

I really hate trains, and I have never been on the underground.

This could end very badly

You'll be celebrating when you hear the tube woman announce the next stop.

Archived