Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

There's been some talk of Lewis Baker coming on loan, but I don't see where he'd fit.

Presumably we're definitely now in the market for another RB (Freeman going), winger (Bennett out on loan), striker (Martin cover). I'd expect Ibe as the winger...

Baker is an exceptional player, I really like him. He was easily Chelsea's best U21 player last season and he's not quite as 'attacking' as Swift despite the number of goals and assists, but in our system he would be a CM, not the holding role we're looking for.

Shame. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a bit out of touch with Emile (e.g. age) and obviously have no ideas as to his fitness and wage requirements. But, for sure he is better than Sammon and is overly maligned in my opinion. There are a good many better judges than us who have bought/selected this guy in the past and for one year he might offer great cover for Martin and as an aerial presence if we want to go route one late in a game. As previously stated I think Holt similarly could offer something short term, and perhaps more than Heskey. Sorry I am a little bit pi

Yes u can tell... heskey and holt... its 2014 not 2004. Both as useless as sammon, heskey has always been, as has holt minus the odd season. Wood all day long

Have I been in a coma for the last 5 years -thought Heskey had retired?

can you copy what was said, just need it for the carroll thread.

I prefer JW's version, but you might be after...

Kieran Else ?@DemRams24 3h

@reluctantnicko Any Derby news pal?

@DemRams24 Chasing usual positions ... think might be something in the Carroll thing ...

6:50 PM - 29 Jul 2014

Baker is an exceptional player, I really like him. He was easily Chelsea's best U21 player last season and he's not quite as 'attacking' as Swift despite the number of goals and assists, but in our system he would be a CM, not the holding role we're looking for.

Shame. 

Will he make the move into the regular Chelsea squad this year? Jose has hinted he could, but I'm not convinced, so they might want to develop him for a season elsewhere. But however good he is, I don't think we can do a Thorne and buy him, and our current midfield is good enough for promotion. If we believe in them enough, better to develop our own players rather than hold them back for someone else's future star. Hendrick and Hughes have to play and I want to see something of Bunjaku and Calero...

But it is a shame and if he was the CDM we needed I'd snap their hand off.

I prefer JW's version, but you might be after...

Kieran Else ?@DemRams24 3h

@reluctantnicko Any Derby news pal?

@DemRams24 Chasing usual positions ... think might be something in the Carroll thing ...

6:50 PM - 29 Jul 2014

You did not put my responce of shock and disgust :/

Will he make the move into the regular Chelsea squad this year? Jose has hinted he could, but I'm not convinced, so they might want to develop him for a season elsewhere. But however good he is, I don't think we can do a Thorne and buy him, and our current midfield is good enough for promotion. If we believe in them enough, better to develop our own players rather than hold them back for someone else's future star. Hendrick and Hughes have to play and I want to see something of Bunjaku and Calero...

But it is a shame and if he was the CDM we needed I'd snap their hand off.

I find it really difficult to visualise any youngster at Chelsea breaking into the first-team, especially in midfield and attacking options.

He will be fighting the likes of Cesc, Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Van Ginkel...etc for a slot in the first team so I don't think he will.

I would be stunned if he doesn't go out on loan, it just depends where he goes. As I said, if I was a Championship side struggling in the middle of the park then I'd sign Baker and Swift in a double loan deal and keep them together. I think they're both top end Championship players already and would help Chelsea progress with their 'partnership' - ultimately, I expect both to move to different clubs, both in the Championship.

Yes u can tell... heskey and holt... its 2014 not 2004. Both as useless as sammon, heskey has always been, as has holt minus the odd season. Wood all day long

Thanks Satty. Sorry been out tonight watching Shrek 2 at the movies, and when I got back wanted to play my new single by Outkast - Hey Ya. I think it could do well. Glad to hear you have wood all day long. I have bought some little blue pills today that have just come on to the market - hopefully they will of more use than the lollipop stick and sellotape I have been using most recently.

I find it really difficult to visualise any youngster at Chelsea breaking into the first-team, especially in midfield and attacking options.

He will be fighting the likes of Cesc, Matic, Mikel, Ramires, Van Ginkel...etc for a slot in the first team so I don't think he will.

I would be stunned if he doesn't go out on loan, it just depends where he goes. As I said, if I was a Championship side struggling in the middle of the park then I'd sign Baker and Swift in a double loan deal and keep them together. I think they're both top end Championship players already and would help Chelsea progress with their 'partnership' - ultimately, I expect both to move to different clubs, both in the Championship.

Agree and I like that we're probably a preferred option. Maybe they want us to take both and play Swift as a winger!? But when our team spirit is one of our key ingredients, I'd only want one loan per club so they integrate better. Maybe just Swift as he's more chance of playing further forward if Bennett goes on loan?

Archived