Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The question is though: Is Hanson good enough to make the step up yet? He's been impressive at youth level but there is a massive difference between youth and senior level. However, if Steve thinks he is ready then I will trust his judgement.

We cant be relying on Hanson and Eustace. has to be a different first choice then give both Hanson and Eustace a smattering of appearances

Chelsea are beginning to loan out some of their younger players. So I'm guessing Ake or Chabolah could come quite soon if we did approach Chelsea for them. Piazon and other players are getting loaned out so it seems like Mourihino is already getting his squad shaped up,

Still can't get over this injury to Thorne.

Nothing could have been more unlucky for us.

The only player I can think of that would be a good enough replacement is Chalobah.

He is very highly thought of at Chelsea and there is no chance of him breaking into their midfield anytime soon.

He has Championship experience as well.

McClaren has a good relationship with Mourinho. Maybe he could try and get him on a 6 month loan deal which will take us into January.

By January it would have been 6 months since Thorne's injury so I imagine McClaren would have an idea how far away Thorne is from a return.

If he is close then great. If he is still 2 or 3 months away from coming back then we could extend the loan.

I 100% agree with the people on here that say Eustace was brilliant for us in the first half of the season. He did.

Eustace is in there to do a job and he did it very effectively.

I remember coming out of games last season saying "When we signed Eustace, fans were really underwhelmed with the signing, but he is such an integral part to the way we play"

Thorne came in and took us to another level. A lot more mobile than Eustace and a much better range of passing. One of the best passers of the ball ive seen at the club.

I think Eustace will do a job for us next season. But for 46 games? Im not so sure.

We are a club whos target is promotion and automatic promotion at that.

I would much rather have Eustace as cover for that position. Knowing, that if needed, he is more than capable of coming in and doing a job for a few games.

I think Stevie Mac is of thst opinion as well.

I would be very suprised if McClaren didn't already have targets in mind to replace Thorne and also wouldnt be suprised if Rush and Evans werent already working on bringing someone in.

I also think that fact that we have gone from being very interested in bringing Toure in, to him being let go, backs this theory up.

I still think we will be after a striker and a winger. We were before Thorne came in and we will still be now.

Id be amazed if we didnt bring a CDM in on loan for at least 6 months initially.

Chalobah fits the bill. Young, hungry, championship experience and an England U21 international. Just seems someone that is a McClaren type player.

I think McClaren will want a replacement, I think he will get a replacement, I think we will sign a striker and a winger as well.

My opinions havent changed on our prospects for next season either.

We will finish in the top 2.

We are Derby. Super Derby. Super Rams.

COYR.

Archived