Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

Dunno about the older players as I wasn't around when they signed but Asanovic and Wanchope both signed when we were in the Prem... and Stimac signed from Hadjuk Split who are hardly a top team in a top league...

I don't think it's out of the realms of possibility we could sign someone from a top team... but would have to be someone who's surplus to requirements there and prepared to drop down a tier...

If Liverpool sign the USA Dude that would make Andre Wisdom 4th choice RB.

Surely then AW falls in to surplus to requirements band, if so I am sure we would all welcome him back here with open arms particularly on a permanent basis.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Liverpool sign the USA Dude that would make Andre Wisdom 4th choice RB.

Surely then AW falls in to surplus to requirements band, if so I am sure we would all welcome him back here with open arms particularly on a permanent basis.

There is no chance of Wisdom coming back to Derby, especially on a permanent basis, I can see him been loaned out to another team in either Premier League or Championship.

There is no chance of Wisdom coming back to Derby, especially on a permanent basis, I can see him been loaned out to another team in either Premier League or Championship.

Personally, I don't think we will see Wisdom back at the club next season, he gained experience in the Championship last year and Liverpool will likely want to see how he develops with regular game time in the top flight. But, say they were willing to loan him to a Championship team, why would we not be an option?

Personally, I don't think we will see Wisdom back at the club next season, he gained experience in the Championship last year and Liverpool will likely want to see how he develops with regular game time in the top flight. But, say they were willing to loan him to a Championship team, why would we not be an option?

Whilst I agree I'm not sure who'd want him in the prem as first choice.

Whilst I agree I'm not sure who'd want him in the prem as first choice.

True, the options are a bit few and far between for him to get a PL loan and getting regular playing time. I can only really think of Hull as a serious potential. If they get through the qualifying rounds of the Europa League he could be a decent loan signing for them as their only other option at RB (that I can think of) is Rosenior.....and Wisdom does have a bit of European experience with Liverpool already.

Regardless, all of that is complete speculation and he'll probably end up at Rotherham on a season long loan!

Someone like the promoted teams might take a chance, or somewhere like Crystal Palace.

Don't think any of the promoted teams would want him, maybe Lesta at a push. Burnley have Trippier and QPR have Danny Simpson, can't see either of them being dropped for Wisdom.

Don't think any of the promoted teams would want him, maybe Lesta at a push. Burnley have Trippier and QPR have Danny Simpson, can't see either of them being dropped for Wisdom.

Leicester have De Laet, who's definitely PL standard and was very good for them.

Take into consideration that he can play CB too, I think Burnley could use him in that regard.

If we got him back at the club in any form, I'd be delighted.

If he were to return to the Championship then surely we would stand an excellent chance of getting him, if we wanted him. Why wouldn't we?

Leicester have De Laet, who's definitely PL standard and was very good for them.

Take into consideration that he can play CB too, I think Burnley could use him in that regard.

If we got him back at the club in any form, I'd be delighted.

You're spot on about the promoted teams, they all have players who have played strongly in their promotion seasons and will most likely remain as first choice.

The only team in the PL that i can think would really go for him are Hull; to the best of my knowledge, they only have Rosenior as a regular RB and, if they make it to the Europa League group stages, they would need some back up in defensive positions with games on Thursday and on weekends. His european experiences with Liverpool might prove useful for them as well. 

If he were to return to the Championship then surely we would stand an excellent chance of getting him, if we wanted him. Why wouldn't we?

I agree. While I think Liverpool would be more keen on him gaining some PL experience, if they decide to let him out on loan, and can't find any takers in the PL, I would think we would be the ideal place for him in the Championship.

Carl Jenkinson from Arsenal season long loan worth a punt (Arsenal are trying to get another right back as back forgot his name though)  

Cyrus Christie is not highly rated at Coventry so doubt he's good enough for us...

Errr hmmmm......

Go and stand in the corner.

Archived