Player Suggestion Thread - Summer 2014

oomarkwright

Britt Assombalonga and Harry Maguire would be two great young signings that I believe could improve our squad and could be improved with good coaching

Harry Maguire could easily fit in our defence and would be my number 1 signing except for thorne of course as we don't need to get old PL players on huge money.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Britt Assombalonga and Harry Maguire would be two great young signings that I believe could improve our squad and could be improved with good coaching

Harry Maguire could easily fit in our defence and would be my number 1 signing except for thorne of course as we don't need to get old PL players on huge money.

I have heard P'boro want 5mil+ for Assombalonga and a bid of 1mil has recently been turned down for Maguire... For League 1 players, that's crazy. Not worth it in my opinion.

I have heard P'boro want 5mil+ for Assombalonga and a bid of 1mil has recently been turned down for Maguire... For League 1 players, that's crazy. Not worth it in my opinion.

During the game against QPR I saw him as the only threat to us the whole match.. His pace and wing play was top notch and I think he'd work well in our system along side ward or Russell with Martin being the finisher.. Although his wages are probably a bit high and I'm sure he won't want to play championship football.. But adding him would definitely put is favorites next year.

Would be nice to see hoilett added, would defiantly put us top next year.. Him and ward on the wings would cause a lot of trouble for defenders.

I would much rather have Russell on the wings than Ward... Plus Hoilett is allegedly on £50,000 per week.

I would not at all be surprised to see us sign Sam Hutchinson. Not that I'd condone it, mind. He plays a similar style to Wisdom.

I'd still love to see us sign Eagles, he is very talented. I think with the right coaching you've got an absolute talent.

Leander Siemann, a young centre-back from Arsenal, may be worth a look. He has played quite a bit for their youth team, but not on any occasion I have seen, unfortunately. 

Harry Maguire is a very, very good player. He wants out of Sheffield United and rejected a new contract. I'd jump at the chance of signing him.

As for a back-up option to Martin, we would need a similar style IMO. It could be hard to come by. Fed Macheda could have been a decent option, but if we're looking towards a loan, I'd put forward a case for Izzy Brown at Chelsea.

Guaranteed to sign some quality young premier league players on loan. The likes of Chelsea and Liverpool have seen our excellent training structures and Steve's way of nurturing young talent.

Ben Swift

Lewis Baker

Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Cauley Woodrow (Fullham)

Gary Gardener

Max Clarke

Adam Campbell

Exciting prospects, Derby would be a great team to develop these players.

Guaranteed to sign some quality young premier league players on loan. The likes of Chelsea and Liverpool have seen our excellent training structures and Steve's way of nurturing young talent.

Ben Swift

Lewis Baker

Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Cauley Woodrow (Fullham)

Gary Gardener

Max Clarke

Adam Campbell

Anybody with the name Loftus-Cheek would bring back far too many painful memories.

Ben Swift

Lewis Baker

Reuben Loftus-Cheek

Cauley Woodrow (Fullham)

Gary Gardener

Max Clarke

Adam Campbell

It's John Swift, but yeah.

Him and Baker are Chelsea's best development team players, along with Brown IMO. Which for me makes them the best in English development league.

Adam Campbell is okay, but he's on the verge of the Newcastle first-team.

We have a bigger rebuilding job than we think. Legdzins gone as has bailey. Id release barker and obrien as wont b fit ever. Sell freeman coutts sammon. Extend contracts of ward and eustace. Sign thorne asap. Snap up freebie reid parr whitbread and the newc rbk. That would leave us needing a top cbk, a top striker to take pressure off martin, and a attacking wide player. These id have as all long term deals, seems alot but we will have lost so many numbers from squad. Id then look at all the top prem teams and sign a attacker on loan, with these deals I really think we would press on. Like I stated there are alot of numbers but apart from the cbk thorne and wide man and stk they wud all be free signings, so only paying transfer fees for 4 players. Maguire and lingard would fit in really well as permanant signings.

Gary Mackay-Stevens worked well with johnny at Dundee. The pace they both have on the wings along with the tricks they both have would leave defences in shambles next season. I think he would be a great signing.

We have a bigger rebuilding job than we think. 

Really?

I think we need 3 players... a RB, a DM and a goal-scoring winger... Or rather what we need is direct replacements for the loan players... since we were pretty bloody good this season with the team we have...

Legzdins was always going hence the signing of Roos... Coutts will be very decent CM backup... Bennett to provide basic cover on the wing... sign up Eustace for another year and bring in Whitbread for cover at CB...

Anyway... I trust Macca so just gonna sit back and see what happens...

Archived