Brighton

We've got plenty of poo threads on here but I would actually like to know the real poo gate story.

As long as its not crap.

Nobody really knows the true story, a lot of people think they do but nobody knows for 100%. But Brighton maintain it helped us beat them, either way there are many theories.

Anyway good luck for Sunday.

Just one observation, I have seen fans of four different clubs offering you their good wishes. I wonder who wished them lot luck? Probably nobody.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for that and look forward to Sunday - but someone ought to tell Garcia to stop waving yellow cards about. Doing his best to influence the ref like that is poor imo.

I did not see that and if he did, which I doubt to be honest, as he is a very nice man, then no place for that in football, in fact that is thing I hate more than anything. To answer someone, we have a rivalry with Palace as quite simply they are our closest team, as Crawley count really count. I think the Palace poster has just here to troll, as this was a post about Derby V Brighton, not sure why he is on here, but if it is the guy I think it is, he is very sad and follows all teams that Brighton play and has a love in, as no one else loves Palace, then be gentle with him. Out of here now and again sorry for the posts.

Just wanted to say that if anyone reading this is the smug c**t who turned up to watch the game at The Vines in Mickleover with earbud in listening to the Radio Derby commentary that was 10 seconds ahead, you ruined the whole first half for everyone watching!!!I hope you contract a hideous STI and die a slow and painful death. What a w**ker!!!As for the game, it was a professional job in the second half and for all their possession and crosses they didn't really stretch us...

Rams, I drink in the Vine but didn't go last night coz it gets full of nobheads when the footballs on - what did he look like?

Just wanted to say that if anyone reading this is the smug c**t who turned up to watch the game at The Vines in Mickleover with earbud in listening to the Radio Derby commentary that was 10 seconds ahead, you ruined the whole first half for everyone watching!!!I hope you contract a hideous STI and die a slow and painful death. What a w**ker!!!As for the game, it was a professional job in the second half and for all their possession and crosses they didn't really stretch us...

You should have hounded the tosser out the pub. What is the point of it?

I was there (on my own) and the bar had the bloody radio on, which was rather irritating.

Thankfully found space in the other room away from the radio and watched everything after the Brighton goal in there.

For the first (Brighton) goal I was there (on my own) and the bar had the bloody radio on which was rather irritating. Thankfully found space in the other room away from the radio and watched everything after that goal in there.

I was in the beer garden. Was going to watch the 2nd half facing the other telly inside, through the glass doors but by the time it started a couple of the more nefarious types had told him to pack it in...

I keep hearing "1 shot on target".

I could have 20 shots from the halfway line and then the shot stat would look much better.

You created some good situations but few chances. You had two swings at the goal you scored which nobody has mentioned. Not that it matters. We put some real threatening moves together that didn't end in shots. One or two crosses that only needed a touch from the on rushing player will statistically be misplaced crosses. Another ball to Martin that your keeper tipped out of his path.. again statistically a misplaced cross.

I'm not arguing the flow of the game. We were nervy early on and you took control. We usually try to sit on the ball a bit before launching a quick attack once we go forward. You pressed us more than most sides do and forced us to play a more counter attacking game than we probably expected.

We settled in the second half before again losing control a bit and feeling the need to defend what we had (which McClaren isn't too pleased with)

It was a tight game. Nobody deserved to win as such. It was about grasping opportunities and we had that bit of luck for the second.

The tie isn't over and we'll both have chance to put our performances right in places we lacked.

I hate it when stats are used to measure something.

What's better? A tame shot from distance the rolls to the keeper or a 1v1 that clips wide off the post.

Statistically it's the lame shot

I keep hearing "1 shot on target".

I could have 20 shots from the halfway line and then the shot stat would look much better.

You created some good situations but few chances. You had two swings at the goal you scored which nobody has mentioned. Not that it matters. We put some real threatening moves together that didn't end in shots. One or two crosses that only needed a touch from the on rushing player will statistically be misplaced crosses. Another ball to Martin that your keeper tipped out of his path.. again statistically a misplaced cross.

I'm not arguing the flow of the game. We were nervy early on and you took control. We usually try to sit on the ball a bit before launching a quick attack once we go forward. You pressed us more than most sides do and forced us to play a more counter attacking game than we probably expected.

We settled in the second half before again losing control a bit and feeling the need to defend what we had (which McClaren isn't too pleased with)

It was a tight game. Nobody deserved to win as such. It was about grasping opportunities and we had that bit of luck for the second.

The tie isn't over and we'll both have chance to put our performances right in places we lacked.

I hate it when stats are used to measure something.

What's better? A tame shot from distance the rolls to the keeper or a 1v1 that clips wide off the post.

Statistically it's the lame shot

Zzzzzzz. ;)

but if it is the guy I think it is, he is very sad and follows all teams that Brighton play and has a love in, as no one else loves Palace, then be gentle with him. Out of here now and again sorry for the posts.

Nope, never joined any other forum. I have read Brighton's though and I am loving the karma. I remember reading how when we went up we were doing to do a "Derby" and embarrass ourselves in the premier the same way that Derby did etc. That's why I am loving the fact that you were taking the pish out of us but we destroyed your dreams last year and they will do it this year.

Archived