Best Concert you've seen.

Boycie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I go to concerts at least once a week so I've seen some good gigs too. But never heard good live album...

Faith No More and Muse works well everytime, as does Therapy?.

Some other great ones has been Levellers, Aavikko, Gojira, Fear Factory, Lost Society, Day Eleven, Stamina, Tori Amos, Stone, Angelique Kidjo etc..

Rammstein in Nottingham last year was pretty sensational, as was Judas Priest on their Nostradamus tour.

First time I saw Sabbath back in 1972 blew me away too, but the same could be said for Pink Floyd, Yes, Jimi Hendrix and a few others.

However, I reckon AC/DC at Punchestown a few years ago just might have been the best gig I have been to ever - especially Angus on the cherry picker playing "Let There Be Rock" in a torrential downpour.

If were allowed one off festival performances then Stone Roses at V was unreal, never thought i'd see them and the whole atmosphere was class and they actually sounded half decent. Jamie T in a tent at Glastonbury was also magnificent

Gig wise;

1) Blur at Wolverhampton Civic Hall in 2012

2) Arctic Monkeys at Earls Court 2013

2) Primal Scream at Manchester Academy in 2013

Always wondered about the Stone Roses. Heard of a few people going to see them and coming home disappointed, guess it's crowd dependent though with a band like that. Besides if you expect Ian Brown to hit every note then you've kind of missed the point anyway. Still they were properly expensive to see live so I didn't take the plunge.

Would love to see blur live, really would, but same problem. All the people that were there at the time have jobs now so tickets are quite pricey for me.

Foals at Rock City were special, but any half decent band at that venue puts on a good gig.

Saw the Strokes at Reading and thought they were decent.

The best concert I've ever been to is still to happen to me though, I know the ones I have seen haven't even come close. Once I have the money to do it properly I've got a pretty big list of bands to tick off.

Most underwhelming band was probably Muse. They were the final headline act at Reading a few years back, and after three days of build up and everyone telling me how amazing it was going to be, I'm still not sure what the fuss is about. Just looked like a load of strobe lighting and contrived stadium rock.

As much as I love music, I've never been to a Live concert.

Dav was getting me tickets for Jackson in London, then he went and pegged it.

Robbie Williams at Knebworth, that was supposed to be awesome, never went..

Besides music now, I'm getting back into musical theatre shows, seen a couple over the years. Hoping to see Phantom of the Opera sometime over the summer.

Nearest I've ever been to owt Live is my brothers band, who aren't bad. No plans to tour yet mind

;-).

Oasis are reforming Boycie, so they might pop up somewhere like Glastonbury this year. Great group Oasis.

Well at least that explains why his posts are so stimulating??!

Milton Keynes Bowl October '82 when Gabriel and Genesis had their reunion concert to pay off Gabriel's WOMAD debts. Actually the best bit was the pummelling of whatever anyone could throw at Talk Talk the last support band, they didn't last long!

Milton Keynes Bowl October '82 when Gabriel and Genesis had their reunion concert to pay off Gabriel's WOMAD debts. Actually the best bit was the pummelling of whatever anyone could throw at Talk Talk the last support band, they didn't last long!

Remember a totally wasted Ginger of the Wildhearts encouraging such action at Download a few years ago, and the air was suddenly filled with drinks containers (not normally encouraged nowadays, but Donington plastic bottle fights of old used to be of legendary proportions). Then, a plane took off - straight over the top of the stage. Ginger quipped "F**k. Now THAT guy's just thrown a Boeing 737 at us".

The organisers then pulled the plug on them.

Foals at Rock City were special, but any half decent band at that venue puts on a good gig.

Saw the Strokes at Reading and thought they were decent.

The best concert I've ever been to is still to happen to me though, I know the ones I have seen haven't even come close. Once I have the money to do it properly I've got a pretty big list of bands to tick off.

Most underwhelming band was probably Muse. They were the final headline act at Reading a few years back, and after three days of build up and everyone telling me how amazing it was going to be, I'm still not sure what the fuss is about. Just looked like a load of strobe lighting and contrived stadium rock.

Very good point, i've seen Miles Kane there on a Friday night and whilst he's not the worlds greatest musician, the crowd/atmosphere made it a fantastic gig. 

Remember a totally wasted Ginger of the Wildhearts encouraging such action at Download a few years ago, and the air was suddenly filled with drinks containers (not normally encouraged nowadays, but Donington plastic bottle fights of old used to be of legendary proportions). Then, a plane took off - straight over the top of the stage. Ginger quipped "F**k. Now THAT guy's just thrown a Boeing 737 at us".

The organisers then pulled the plug on them.

Oh, I forgot Wildhearts.

They were magnificient! Gig stopped after tent where they played started to fall down...

Ramones at rock city

Queen at Wembley arena 84 , The Works tour.

Nine Inch Nails at Brixton Academy

KISS always put on a great show.Seen them a few times.

got queen live in Budapest. Good concert, I guess it's the same tour.

I agree, great show init.

I go to concerts at least once a week so I've seen some good gigs too. But never heard good live album...

Faith No More and Muse works well everytime, as does Therapy?.

Some other great ones has been Levellers, Aavikko, Gojira, Fear Factory, Lost Society, Day Eleven, Stamina, Tori Amos, Stone, Angelique Kidjo etc..

Ever heard the "Priest… Live!" album?

It's got absolutely amazing crowd noise/atmosphere - the opening of The Hellion/Electric Eye in particular has to be heard to be believed. Definitely one of my 3 favourite live albums the other two being Dire Straits (yeah, I know - bloody yuppie music) and Iron Maiden's "Live After Death"

Ever heard the "Priest… Live!" album?

It's got absolutely amazing crowd noise/atmosphere - the opening of The Hellion/Electric Eye in particular has to be heard to be believed. Definitely one of my 3 favourite live albums the other two being Dire Straits (yeah, I know - bloody yuppie music) and Iron Maiden's "Live After Death"

Live After Death is pure brilliance. The Powerslave solo is just....ohhhhhh. And the Running Free speech is classic.

Archived