Leeds United v Derby County

CumbrianRam

I remember a lot of our fans slagging off matt smith on a free transfer back in the summer.

It looks good business to me.

I saw about 75minutes of it.

It was like some performances from earlier in the season when we didn't really get going in the second half.

Still......academic really.

A draw was a decent result.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Decent game, thought we were in command first half, second they came out to be a bit more physical and go more direct, thought smith for them looked a decent target man, brown looked like he was ready to "do" some. So in that respect I can see why derby didn't give 100%, we have bigger things to worry about than Leeds.

Sammon was ok, he isn't a target man so some of the comments directed to him IMO are unfair, draw not bad result as it means that we can start our winning streak off again.

Very lucky draw.

Bamford and Sammon brought the worst out of each other.

No one injured and record points. Job done.

Ps. their #17 impressed, whoever he was.

Brown , i think it was , did a job on Hughsie..

Brown , i think it was , did a job on Hughsie..

Michael Brown?

It explains a lot. Did a job on Hughes and on the other hand organised their midfield better than Eustace did ours.

2 in 1.

Evening all, Leeds fan (ST Holder) in peace here.

I am not one for posting on other clubs forum, but felt it a must on this occasion.

As you will all probably be aware, a Leeds teacher was murdered this week whilst simply doing the job she loved. Generally, at Leeds, we have a minutes applause before the first game of the season for those we have lost pre-season, and a minutes applause held at the last game for those we have lost during the season. Today, was different, as we wanted to pay respects to the teacher involved, and a minutes silence was requested.

I am always dubious about the 'silence' due to potential issues with away fans, who in fairness may not be aware of the full circumstances.

However, you were absolutely superb today honouring our position, and I mean absolutely superb, and I thank each and every one of you who were there today. Football is football, we have our rivalries and long may that continue, but as a ST holder and long standing member of a well respected Leeds United forum please pass on our thanks to those who were there - absolutely brilliant.

May I wish your fans, and club, all the best in the play offs, and thanks again, you are all a credit to your club.

I remarked to the Memsahib this evening that it was the most impeccably observed minute's silence I think I have ever (not) heard.

She was a teacher, she made a difference to countless peoples lives.  She could have taught anywhere.  Her murder was horrific and it hits home, what people have to put up with day to day all over the country. 

Well done Leeds United and well done Derby County.

Me too. But didn't tell the missus.

I like the Leeds idea of applauding all those fans who have died at the beginning and end of a season. Perhaps we should copy it.

And Ann Maguire, as a rams fan who lives in the area, was clearly someone who was not only a special teacher but also a lovely person. We need more of her sort

Eustace was good I thought, Hughes was poor - the only reason for that rating was his two goalline clearances - which if Sammon had been tasked with sticking at the back post, he would have got. I'd look a little deeper into the statistics - passes...etc

Keogh, Wisdom was decent apart from the goal. Fozzie was okay. Whitbread was clearly not match fit and struggled a lot.

Eustace, I thought was good. Hughes was poor, played himself out of first-team contention for Thursday. Hendrick was decent, enough for him to keep his place. Dawkins was okay, first start since injury, so can't blame him too much. 

Bamford and Sammon was awful.

Conclusion... The team for the play-offs remains the same. 

Grant, Wisdom, Keogh, Buxton, Fozzie, Thorne, Hendrick, Bryson, Ward, Russell and Martin. 

Archived