Stevie Mac v Silly Billy

ilkleyram

We all know that there will come a time when we will struggle and that the pressure will grow on SM. There may even be the odd question then about his capabilities as a Head Coach, on this forum. It makes days like yesterday even better.

But what has struck me in the lead up to the game, and particularly over the last 24 hours, is that we have a guy with class. And the reddogs do not. Even the way SM left their employ was classy, and the way he has dealt with questions about his time there since, has been equally so. So was his reaction to Chris Martin's sending off

Even when he says nothing Silly little Billy shows he has no class at all.

Well done Stevie Mac. You played what might have been a difficult week very well.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's little doubt that Steve McClaren is a person of integrity and dignity.

There is equally little doubt that Billy Davies has the innate charm of a pubic louse.

Did I read somewhere where McClaren said he spoke to Billy after the game and he was quite humble and complimentary about us...I'll have a look where I might have read it..

slightly off topic , but did they shake hands at the end ?

They must have spoken afterwards because SM is quoted somewhere as saying that Billy was very complimentary about us after the game. Not that the silly one would say anything in public. No class

It's in The Sun (I know - we're collecting the Alton Towers tickets)

"I've had a chat with Billy and he was very humble in the circumstances and complimentary towards us.  He showed a lot of humility and I said I thought we caught them at exactly the right moment with their absentees'

I thought McClaren got it spot on.

Tactics, interviews, team selection. The lot. It was just one of those days where everything clicked. Shame about Wardy going off but delighted to see Johnny Russell get a goal like the one he got. Pleased for Jeff as well and Bryson has just had a season to remember.

Forest were incredubly poor but I don't think that mattered.

Right from kick off there was no way we weren't winning and right from kick off it was clear Forest had nowt.

A massive win. Play Offs now absolutely nailed on.

Don't like to see managers losing their jobs but can't see how Billy can survive that.

It just seems to fit with McClaren and our squad/setup/owner etc atm.

One thing I do dread, if we get promoted, is that we'll go on a bad run, make a snap decision, and Steve will be sacked. Even if we have a season in the prem as bad as last time (god forbid), I believe we HAVE to keep McClaren. We can't be getting relegated and having 4 years of mid table championship football again. We have to keep Steve, the backroom staff and the squad; then have another go the following year. I'd accept a few years of yoyo-ing (a la West brom) if it eventually meant an extended prem stay after!!

It just seems to fit with McClaren and our squad/setup/owner etc atm.

One thing I do dread, if we get promoted, is that we'll go on a bad run, make a snap decision, and Steve will be sacked. Even if we have a season in the prem as bad as last time (god forbid), I believe we HAVE to keep McClaren. We can't be getting relegated and having 4 years of mid table championship football again. We have to keep Steve, the backroom staff and the squad; then have another go the following year. I'd accept a few years of yoyo-ing (a la West brom) if it eventually meant an extended prem stay after!!

Our owners have kept a manager for 5 years, im sure they won't make a snap decision and sack him. Everyone knows he is a great coach/manager, it would be hard to replace this set up with anyone better or of the same calibre. 

Archived