Delayed kick-off times for Hillsborough 25th anniversary

HeyHudson

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really is never their fault is it..?

Tragic event, but how they can all sit there and say they had nothing to do with it is just totally laughable.

There was 100% definitely thousands of VERY drunk Liverpool fans there with no tickets, and this DID contribute to the tragedy. If they stood up and acknowledged this I would have every bit of sympathy. But they never will.

Justice for the 39..

It really is never their fault is it..?

Tragic event, but how they can all sit there and say they had nothing to do with it is just totally laughable.

There was 100% definitely thousands of VERY drunk Liverpool fans there with no tickets, and this DID contribute to the tragedy. If they stood up and acknowledged this I would have every bit of sympathy. But they never will.

Justice for the 39..

Can't disagree with much of that, to be fair the evidence collated says no tickets was not a major issue, drunken behavior certainly was. Lord Taylor summed up pretty clearly in his report and his findings were acted upon, this was not the first disaster of this type in Britain and the scandal is really the required safety levels were not a matter of course by this time, certainly after the Ibrox disaster.

Rubbish.

Taylor concluded - "most were not drunk, nor even the worse for drink. Some officers, seeking to rationalize their lack of control, overistimated the drunkeness of the crowd".

Fact.

Rubbish.

Taylor concluded - "most were not drunk, nor even the worse for drink. Some officers, seeking to rationalize their lack of control, overistimated the drunkeness of the crowd".

Fact.

Reading wiki I see, which gets adjusted over time. Information was available from every pub and offie within miles of the stadium and from local residents, it is clear from that detail drink was a factor.

As MuespachRam hinted any conclusion that the conduct of some Liverpool people OUTSIDE the ground did not contribute to the disaster, even though as Lord Taylor said as a secondary factor, is a wrong one.

Reading wiki I see, which gets adjusted over time. Information was available from every pub and offie within miles of the stadium and from local residents, it is clear from that detail drink was a factor.

As MuespachRam hinted any conclusion that the conduct of some Liverpool people OUTSIDE the ground did not contribute to the disaster, even though as Lord Taylor said as a secondary factor, is a wrong one.

I suggest you read the report of the inquest.

An inquest which incidentally told my dad that Police dropping Liverpool coaches from entering Sheffield at 2:00pm didn't have a bearing on Liverpool fans being late.

I couldn't give a **** about official reports.

Every team in the land at the time had it's hooligans and p!ssheads and the scousers were no different. And if it came to getting something for free, They were probably the biggest culprits.

I worked the turnstyles at the BBG for a short time in the 80's and you knew if it was Liverpool or Everton, You looked down and at some stage you would catch someone trying to crawl through the feet of others to get in for nowt.

We all know that the police were not innocent in this, But you would have to be a fool to believe that their fans were completely innocent of any wrong doing.

I dont think anyone is saying they are completely faultless. But those that died, are they guilty of anything? Should they be remembered. After all there but for the grace of god go us.

our kids were not born when hillsborough happened - but they still show respect.

I was a 11 year old in leppings lane when we played them that season. I remember the fear I felt in the middle pen as we fought our way back out because it was uncomfortably full and my parents and friends didn't feel it was safe for us to be in it.

That's why I feel it needs renembering

Completely agree that other disasters aren't remembered appropriately, but does that mean we should show contempt for those which are?

I can't believe fans still make it about Scousers. I don't care where they came from - they were football fans. Hilsborough was the climax the whole era had been building up to.

Forget the teams involved, the point is things got so out-of-hand that 96 innocent people died needlessly when all they did was turn up to a football match, and that a repeat of such an event is near on impossible these days.

There have been one or two good and fair points made in this thread but let it rest. In something like this I really think it's better to say nothing at all if you don't have anything good to say.

Archived