Tony Pulis

ramexpat

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually got a very good managerial record in general. Knows what he wants & sets his teams out accordingly. I'm no fan of the long ball but we can't all play like Barcelona. Good on him & good on Palace.

He's like Billy Davies, but a lot better at it, and more importantly, not an absolute c**t.

He's like Billy Davies, but a lot better at it, and more importantly, not an absolute c**t.

Yes definitely a better manager than Billy - although even Billy would have been proud of Pulis' memorable falling out with his chairman at Gillingham!

Around the time of Cloughie's sacking, there were rumours of Pulis being in the crowd with a view to taking over. Like I say, I don't like his style of football & obviously McClaren's done a great job to date but I can't decide whether I would have liked him taking over bearing in mind his record. Suppose we didn't have the personnel for his style so maybe wouldn't have been a great fit.

He'd make a decent England manager

Nah, I don't like his football. He's limited to always being an underdog. He'd be no good in charge of Man City bypassing the likes of Silva, Yaya and Nasri!!

But if you're in a pickle and want out... got to be honest Cisse, there's not much better. Palace are *****. He's worked magic.

How many seasons in the Premier League with rubbish teams and not been relegated? 

Wish we'd had him rather than Davros in the calamity season.....

I can understand that people keep him in high regard but they just shouldn't admit it.

It's all relative - I find that less irritating than Davros' club-coloured sweater & tie combos. C**t.

I see a pattern developing here. Would I be right in thinking that you reckon Davies is a c**t? :p

He's a brilliant, brilliant manager.

No question, he's a football engineer. Superb tactician - only the fans with blinkers on say he's a long ball manager. In fact, there are only four Premier League team that play less long balls than Palace in the Premier League - Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Credit where credits due. He's done a top job, unquestionable. Rodgers, Martinez and Pulis - all three have done an exceptional job this season. 

• 5 weeks later...

He's a brilliant, brilliant manager.

No question, he's a football engineer. Superb tactician - only the fans with blinkers on say he's a long ball manager. In fact, there are only four Premier League team that play less long balls than Palace in the Premier League - Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool and Newcastle.

Credit where credits due. He's done a top job, unquestionable. Rodgers, Martinez and Pulis - all three have done an exceptional job this season.

Fewer.

Archived