Footballing brothers quiz

petersimple

Apart from Jack Parry I can't think of many Derby players who had footballing brothers, but when I started thinking about footballing brothers I realised that there was one team in the 1960s that had five players who had brothers who played in the top division around the same time or a few years later. What was the team and who were the players?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five of the players in this team all had brothers who played in the top division for other clubs.

Not really old enough to know the answer but I would guess at Leeds because Jack Charlton obviously did and I think Eddie Gray did...pure guess though!

Eddie Gray - Frankie Gray
Jack Charlton - Bobby Charlton
Jimmy Greenhoff - Brian Greenhoff
Allan Clarke - Frank & Wayne Clarke
Terry Hibbitt - Kenny Hibbitt

The fact that Jimmy Greenhoff and Terry Hibbitt were squad players at Leeds show how much reserve strenth they had. They played a reserve team at Derby in 1969 and I can still remember the surprise and booing when their team was announced. They lost 4-1 but from what I remember the game was closer than that. Albert Johanneson was in their team. Terry Yorath also played I think. Mick Bates was another very good Leeds reserve player.  Most of their reserves were good enough to play in the first teams of other First Division clubs.

there are the three palacios brothers who play for honduras 

Three Wallace brothers all played for Southampton.

Eddie Gray - Frankie Gray

Jack Charlton - Bobby Charlton

Jimmy Greenhoff - Brian Greenhoff

Allan Clarke - Frank & Wayne Clarke

Terry Hibbitt - Kenny Hibbitt

The fact that Jimmy Greenhoff and Terry Hibbitt were squad players at Leeds show how much reserve strenth they had. They played a reserve team at Derby in 1969 and I can still remember the surprise and booing when their team was announced. They lost 4-1 but from what I remember the game was closer than that. Albert Johanneson was in their team. Terry Yorath also played I think. Mick Bates was another very good Leeds reserve player.  Most of their reserves were good enough to play in the first teams of other First Division clubs.

Well 2 out of 5 wasn't bad for a young'un!

Archie Goodall played for PNE, Villa, Derby County, Glossop, Wolves and Ireland, whereas his older brother John Goodall played for PNE, Derby County, New Brighton Tower, Glossop, Watford and England.

They were born to Scottish parents and raised in Kilmarnock but ineligible to play for Scotland because of their birthplaces. 

Archie Goodall played for PNE, Villa, Derby County, Glossop, Wolves and Ireland, whereas his older brother John Goodall played for PNE, Derby County, New Brighton Tower, Glossop, Watford and England.

They were born to Scottish parents and raised in Kilmarnock but ineligible to play for Scotland because of their birthplaces.

What about the Boateng brothers? Jerome plays for Germany and Kevin Prince plays for Ghana.

Archived