Nigel Clough

mcsilks

Nigel Clough  

127 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, must be hard to watch the players he signed with a few additions and taken from a mid table going nowhere side to Wembley and one game from the Premiership in half a season.

Think I'd want to retire watching us play yesterday if I was Nigel.

Nope, must be hard to watch the players he signed with a few additions and taken from a mid table going nowhere side to Wembley and one game from the Premiership in half a season.

Yes, I think you're half right. 

It must be difficult watching the team you built finally come of age just at the time when you were going to bear fruit with that same side. 

Think I'd feel proud and my belief in my own abilities would increase four-fold if I were Nigel.

Do you think he watched us yesterday?

I'm surprised you wanted to re-ignite this thread though.

Surely talk of Clough should be all but forgotten now shouldn't it? 

We are after all about to enter a new era are we not...

Get with the present Daveo.

1/3 for Nigel then...

I'm sorry that you feel you need to knock our past manager after the fine result.

How sad that is.

Can you get over him Daveo?

Has he hurt you in some way?

I can appreciate the job he did for us.

What a shame that you just prefer to focus on what he didn't achieve.

How sad you are...

How awfully sad...

You keep saying this, but there was some great football this season under NC.

And he built this team.

Ok he resisted the loans, and in the end the loans made a big difference but give him a break ffs.

I'm not sad, far from it, I haven't stopped smiling since yesterday thanks to Rush and McClaren!! :lol:

You clearly have some Clough issues.

Why do you feel the need to focus on what our previous manager couldn't do after such a fine result?

What is there to gain by doing that?

No man tried harder to achieve success at Derby than Clough.  

If Nigel could have gotten them to play like McClaren has then it would still be 'his team'.

Grateful to Nigel for all the foundations he laid but we needed Mac to kick things on towards promotion.

And I agree with you.

It's largely Clough's side and Mac has taken it on. 

He is a better coach than Clough and I very much doubt Clough would argue with that.

If your job was a scout and not a manager I'd agree

I kind of wish Nigel could have stayed with the club in some capacity. He sees himself as a manager though, and understandably is continuing with that dream. It's paying off with Sheffield United to an extent as well, so who can blame him. I do wish him all the best.

That's not even worth a nibble Daveo.

Anyway, if you have a look at Nigels win record since he went to Sheffield United it's clear that it was Derby holding his career back.

Give him a competitive budget and it's a different story.

I think that's a nibble

Archived