March 2014 Games

ramexpat

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barcelona lost again. Since the turn of the year they've done an Arsenal.

Got to admit, as much as I rate Messi as the best in the World, him playing as that striker just doesn't work anymore. They need a big striker to give them a crossing option, they need a Mandzukic.

Barcelona were at their best when Eto'o played down the middle and Messi on the right. Or with David Villa up top and Messi playing him in. Argentina are amazing now because Higuain plays down the middle with Messi as the number 10 playmaker..

Ronaldo never plays down the middle for Real Madrid and he's a better player for it.

I'm convinced Messi would be far better and would have far more space in a creative role. He's dropping way too deep leaving no-one up there to pass it to because he is the striker, he's basically doing someone elses work.

Barcelona need a huge reshuffle this summer. They need a worldclass striker, a beast of a midfielder like Yaya Toure and worldclass centre-back like Komoany or Thiago Silva. Wouldn't surprise me if Barca tried to sign a Hulk or Falcao - they need to change.

The title is Madrid's and they deserve it. Fantastic balanced side.

As for the Bundesliga, Wolfsburg (who are meant to be decent) 1-6 Bayern Munich. Ridiculous

What do you make of Barca's manager and his slightly different style.

Bigger distance and more direct passing?

Bayern

P 24

W 22

D 2

L 0

GF 72

GA 11

What do you make of Barca's manager and his slightly different style.

Bigger distance and more direct passing?

Bayern

P 24

W 22

D 2

L 0

GF 72

GA 11

I don't like it, as Barcelona can't sit back and defend crosses.

They're just a mess of a team. They have some fabulous individual players, but the team needs a spine and it needs a central midfielder.

During their 2009 treble season they had Marquez, Toure, Eto'o, Henry, Abidal, Puyol and Pique who all offered height. In 2011 they cut back but still had Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Abidal and Keita. 

Now they have Pique and Busquets... Is it any wonder they get killed from set pieces when they have Xavi, Messi, Iniesta, Neymar, Fabregas, Dani Alves, Mascherano and Jordi Alba - they're all dwarfs.

Archived