March 2014 Games

ramexpat

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi annoyed at losing his Ballon d'Or?

His 14 goals so far in 2014 make him Europe's leading scorer in 2014.

And some say Ronaldo is better? Hardly, in an injury hit season where he missed like three months he still came out second.

I don't even think its close between Messi and Ronaldo! Never mind Ronaldo being better!

Atletico Madrid have done excellent, but I think they will ultimately finsih third. They have some tough games coming up remaining including Athletic Bilbao, Levante, Valencia and of course Barcelona to play away from home. They'll be lucky to get 4 points out of those.

Real Madrid should win all their home games (though Valencia have a great record at the Bernabeu), but away from home they've got Real Sociedad and two teams fighting it out in Celta Vigo and Real Valladolid which won't be easy. I can't see them winning all of them and they need Barca to drop three points and Atletico to drop four.

Barcelona are now favourites. They will win their next three home games. Away from home they still have the Espanyol clasico and Villarreal which are tough and also Granada and Elche but they will win those. 

It's definitely Barcelona's to lose now. With Messi regaining his form, I can see them perhaps drawing aganst Villarreal but that wouldn't be a bad result at all and would still place them ahead of Real Madrid. As long as they reach matchday 38 above Real Madrid and within 3 points of Atletico then they will win the league as they will definitely beat Atletico on the last game if it needs be.

Sam Vokes off with a knee injury, with Ings still out as well interesting to see how they get on

I think they can coast over the line now.

Archived