Has anything unusual happened to you recently?

petersimple

As you know I've been to a fair few places etc.. And I kid you not, every now and again you will find an identi (that's what I call them).

An identi is a person from another country with a completely different life looking identical to someone back in the UK that you know.

Anyway, there is one girl here who I've seen a few times that is abolutely identical to a girl I knew back home. The crazy thing is, this girl back home was just someone from my class - and was abit of a goth to be honest - you know the type, black hair, pale skin, baggy black jeans etc..

Get this - this girl here has black hair (normal), pale white skin (totally not normal), is a feckin Goth (crazy as that fashion just doesn't exist here) and wears baggy black jeans (not even die hard Mexicans wear baggy black jeans in this heat)... 

It's seriously insane and I can't get my head around it. It can't be that girl from my school, its impossible. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't exactly recent but some time ago I went into a pub with my dad where supposedly several people were waiting to meet me. I had told them that I would be the only one wearing cowboy boots and me and my dad would be the only ones speaking Finnish. Loudly. They never found me though, Weird. :o

A few years back I was at one of these old petrol stations converted to an Albanian handwash service, I was the only car there and they'd started cleaning.

All of a sudden car after car started pulling into the station, 5, 10, 20  of them appeared within about 4 minutes of each other, completely surrounding my car and the albanians. Everyone got out of their cars. I hadn't got a clue what was going on but it was rather eerie, like a scene from a film, like there was some sort of shootout about to begin.

No sooner had the Albanians finished washing the car they all jumped back in their cars and left as quickly as they'd arrived.

A few years back I was at one of these old petrol stations converted to an Albanian handwash service, I was the only car there and they'd started cleaning.

All of a sudden car after car started pulling into the station, 5, 10, 20  of them appeared within about 4 minutes of each other, completely surrounding my car and the albanians. Everyone got out of their cars. I hadn't got a clue what was going on but it was rather eerie, like a scene from a film, like there was some sort of shootout about to begin.

No sooner had the Albanians finished washing the car they all jumped back in their cars and left as quickly as they'd arrived.

Perhaps washing cars is a spectator sport in Albania?

i was given a mobile phone number that was one digit short of being a connection number , 

funnily enough , so was this other bloke , contact was impossible to make , the chap who 

gave us this bogus number had come hundreds of miles to meet us , with a tight time scale

to meet up . Strange that , but he was from Greenland..

i was given a mobile phone number that was one digit short of being a connection number , 

funnily enough , so was this other bloke , contact was impossible to make , the chap who 

gave us this bogus number had come hundreds of miles to meet us , with a tight time scale

to meet up . Strange that , but he was from Greenland..

Well that's people from Greeland for ya. :p

This isn't exactly recent but some time ago I went into a pub with my dad where supposedly several people were waiting to meet me. I had told them that I would be the only one wearing cowboy boots and me and my dad would be the only ones speaking Finnish. Loudly. They never found me though, Weird. :o

They probably did find you, and cleared off pretty quickly.

One holiday in LA, we arrived and couldn't find anywhere to drink, someone told us about a bar and we walked up some stairs to get in, they refused us entry and we came back down the lift at the other end.

As we came out the lift we had ended up on the red carpet for a tribute night to robert do niro at Chinese theatre.

The flashes on the cameras soon faded away as we got towards the bottom of the carpet, and we looked complete plonkers as we had to move the barriers to one side to get out as the celbs in front got into their limo.

It isn't that unusual really, but who needs an alarm clock when you're woken up at 7am by the orgasms of the girl in the hotel / b&b room next to yours.

I think it was actually the owner, owner's daughter, receptionist, maid or whatever she was.. I couldn't face breakfast

Christ they must have a very open family then  :wacko:

I hope you didn't have Millwall for any away win.

I did. As a pessimist I picked four matches and bet on them for my favourite to lose. Two of those were expected. 10 Euros gave 734 euros. Thats pretty much my plane ticket to Derby and the hotel expenses covered. Probably I get a couple of meals at Nando's too. :)

I did. As a pessimist I picked four matches and bet on them for my favourite to lose. Two of those were expected. 10 Euros gave 734 euros. Thats pretty much my plane ticket to Derby and the hotel expenses covered. Probably I get a couple of meals at Nando's too. :)

Every cloud has a silver lining.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

At least this time. I would be climbing the walls without my luck today. Even though it's a big money for me can't say I'm happy. But I will be in September when I'm at Pride Park.

Archived