Out of contract players: who to keep, who to bin?

CumbrianRam

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Legzdins is happy to stay and fight for a place, possibly. Roos may well be considered as ample back up next year, so no great loss if he chose to move on.

I think Ward is worth an additional year.

After that, wouldn't see much loss in any going. Eustace has done a job this year, but appears to be running out of steam.

Gjokai, Hogansen, Atkins, Davies and Ball aren't good enough at this stage of their career.

Morch - don't know enough to base an opinion.

Bailey - unsure, but would probably benefit from a move.

I would keep Legzdins if we are in the championship.

I'd keep Ward and Bailey even if we were in the PL as squad players.

The rest can go.

I know Morch is young, but has to have the worst technique of any young keeper I have ever seen at professional level.

It actually shocked me.

I haven't seen much of Morch, only heard he was highly rated.

You might be shocked to know though that I'd trust your judgement on this one.  :-)

I reckon you might know a thing or two about goalkeeping.

I'd keep Ward. At any level. I think he's a quality player and I love his attitude.

I think John Eustace will play on but might need to drop down a level or maybe to a newly promoted side from league one. He doesn't deserve to spend the season on the bench and I'd hope he'd want to play as much as he can at this stage of his career.

I'd let the rest go.

Fair enough, haven't seen much of Morch, remember the fuss when he joined and find it odd why he is at Gresley, now understand he can go. Maybe Roos can got to a L1/L2 team on loan next season and keep Lego for a year.

Also keeping Eustace was based on us still being in the Champ, if we go up he can go.

Out of the senior players only Eustace and Ward for me. When it comes to the younger players we haven't seen enough of them in games and obviously in training to give a judgement, but I trust Mac to make the right decisions!

Archived