"Drop Buxton"

Leicester Ram

Midfield/attack responsible for 4 out of the last 6 goals we've conceded?

Yeovil's 1st- given space by midfield to shoot
Birmingham's 1st- never stopped the cross coming in?
Birmingham's 2nd- never reacted to Grant's (top notch) save.
Birmingham's 3rd- no one took Martin's front post position from corners after he went off

While the defence has been responsible for:

Blackburn's 1st- Keogh mistake
Yeovil's 2nd- Keogh made to look a right mug

McClaren in his post-match interview even said that we threw it away due to us going for 4/5 and having people not getting back for defensive duties. However there's been calls for Buxton's head based on these goals, can someone please explain this to me?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Midfield/attack responsible for 4 out of the last 6 goals we've conceded?

Yeovil's 1st- given space by midfield to shoot

Birmingham's 1st- never stopped the cross coming in?

Birmingham's 2nd- never reacted to Grant's (top notch) save.

Birmingham's 3rd- no one took Martin's front post position from corners after he went off

While the defence has been responsible for:

Blackburn's 1st- Keogh mistake

Yeovil's 2nd- Keogh made to look a right mug

McClaren in his post-match interview even said that we threw it away due to us going for 4/5 and having people not getting back for defensive duties. However there's been calls for Buxton's head based on these goals, can someone please explain this to me?

edited post ignore.

I'm surprised we haven't blamed Ward for anything over yesterday's result.

Obviously tongue in cheek. Fans have got there favourites, and got the ones they don't like. Been like this since time forgot. People defend some to the hilt, people will also criticise for every little mistake.

I just like to look at the game simple. Yesterday the forwards and midfield we're doing something right by creating lots of chances.

The defence don't seem to be keeping clean sheets.

Look like for like over the seasons though. We are performing way better now than we have in the last five years.

Stats don't lie. We are as good as our position in the league. We deserve to be where we are.

Look at it simply!

I don't want Buxton dropped but something needs to change, 1 clean sheet in 10 and conceded more goals than any other top half team

I think this is the opinion of most fans. 

You look at the back 5:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

On individual performance they have all been quality recently but as a group they are so leaky. 

Personally i would give Hughes and Bryson less of a license to roam vs QPR so that they can help Eustace picking up runners. 

I don't want Buxton dropped but something needs to change, 1 clean sheet in 10 and conceded more goals than any other top half team

I just don't believe we can have it both ways. Yes, you're right with your stats but the big stat is that we've scored more than any other Club. Surely, we should concentrate on that too. They're pretty much connected.

I just don't believe we can have it both ways. Yes, you're right with your stats but the big stat is that we've scored more than any other Club. Surely, we should concentrate on that too. They're pretty much connected.

I agree.

If we try to tighten up at the back this may meant we can't score as many, it's finding the right balance. 

It's not attack v defence though. We do both as a team.

If 1 pass/run beats 4 or 5 players how can that be ignored?! How??

Blackburn created 3 or so attacks where it was 3v3 and 2v2 and such. Birmingham beat 5 players with 1 pass. Yeovil beat 8 or 9 players with 1 pass (twice at least!)

What are we asking of our defence here? Oh go on lads, you go hang around the box. We'll deal with attacks on our own.

You defend as a team! If its 2v2/3v3/4v4 then the team with the ball has the advantage don't they?

There was a counter at Blackburn where it was like 2v2 on the edge of our box. All it needed was one good pass and it was 2-0.

Cywka picked the ball up near his own box and ran about 40yards unchallenged!

Derby recklessly keep going forward at St Andrews (a good thing imo). They're looking for a 4th. Why? They're 3-1 up. They just need to see the game out. But they commit forward like they always do in every game and Bamford doesn't look after the ball. He gives it away. He might aswell have played in Macheda himself. But because he's been silly its now the defenders problem to deal with it?!

Ok then. Is it too much to ask for Bryson to score a free shot? Can Hendrick not even hit the target after Russell does everything but score for him? Talk about doing your jobs.

-----

Our defence makes mistakes. Keogh could have done better v Miller. Wisdom yesterday. Keane v Barnsley, Wisdom v Brum at home, Forsyth v Forest. We concede goals that are their fault. But they aren't a massive problem.

The whole team could defend better. It's not their strong point. Reckless attacking is. I'm sure McClaren will try to modify things but Nigel Clough had us defending as a team. People moaned about that.

I don't understand what people actually realistically want? I want better CB's too. But I don't think they're holding us back. I think we've got a weakness like every team. But it's that we commit men forward and can be countered.

Buxton wasn't good enough to get us in the top 6 once. Well here we are.

I don't think he's the best CB in the league. He's pulling his weight though.

Why are people looking for someone to blame for us not being top. Enjoy yourselves man. We score loads. We're 4th. Did you see that coming?

I think we're pretty much doing everything we possibly can.

If its a defenders job to defend then Forsyth can stop those awesome crosses and the 3 easy chances he's had from inside the box these last 3 games.

I agree.

If we try to tighten up at the back this may meant we can't score as many, it's finding the right balance. 

I think if we had a CDM who's faster than Eustace and can cover more ground I reckon we'd improve defensively and still keep our attacking mentality

A lot of the goals come either down our left (Forsyth) or directly through the middle (Eustace).

Very rarely, if at all, so sides breach us on Wisdoms side.

I still think we have needed a left back for 3 years.

As for Eustace, Chelsea, Barnsley and Yeovil all bypassed him with ease, before getting a shot off.

As for corners and defensive organising, isn't our captain and leader part of that defence?

Lots of training ground work and mirror staring.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/3859/Stages/7800/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2013-2014

Bucko is the highest rated Derby player over the season so far.

I'm assuming this site is independant and it's neither me nor any of the other "less intelligent" fans who make these ratings.

I know, I know.

#massivecoverup.

So massive even the independants are in on it.

http://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/3859/Stages/7800/PlayerStatistics/England-Championship-2013-2014

Bucko is the highest rated Derby player over the season so far.

I'm assuming this site is independant and it's neither me nor any of the other "less intelligent" fans who make these ratings.

I know, I know.

#massivecoverup.

So massive even the independants are in on it.

I don't know how they come up with that but Leicester the team running away with the league haven't got a player in the top twenty and the best player is a cb from the team bottom of the league ?

A team is greater than the sum of its parts.

They must have one hell of a team spirit to not have one player in the top twenty in the division and still be ten points clear or those ratings posted by Ronnie don't mean a lot .i know what I think.

Archived