FA Youth Cup Derby vs Newcastle

HeyHudson

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got in. Bennett was fouled by their player - he was knocked out and fitting. Had regained conciosnous by half time

Thomas stood out for me

Did you actually go to the game?  Kwame Thomas achieved very little despite winning numerous headers which he succeeded in directing  into no-man's land, Zanzala only had a short time on the pitch but was far better than Thomas.   Jamie Hanson, Max Lowe, Joshua Nash, Farrend Dawson and Kurtis Revan were all streets ahead of Thomas.

Did you actually go to the game? Kwame Thomas achieved very little despite winning numerous headers which he succeeded in directing into no-man's land, Zanzala only had a short time on the pitch but was far better than Thomas. Jamie Hanson, Max Lowe, Joshua Nash, Farrend Dawson and Kurtis Revan were all streets ahead of Thomas.

Yes I did go. Thomas won headers and the ball stuck when played to his feet. But he had no support from those players you mentioned. I agree that Zanzala made a difference but he was pushed up offering support to Thomas making the work he was doing look more fruitfull.

Yes I did go. Thomas won headers and the ball stuck when played to his feet. But he had no support from those players you mentioned. I agree that Zanzala made a difference but he was pushed up offering support to Thomas making the work he was doing look more fruitfull.

Obviously I was watching a different game as the players I mentioned gave Thomas plenty of support, he made little of it losing the ball on many occasions and loped around banging into opponents.    He greatest achievement was that he won the 'Pull Your Socks Up Award' by doing that on at least 14 occasions, hopefully someone will send him some new tie-ups for his birthday.

Archived