George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No offense or anything mate... But whilst we haven't been in the old Prem in a while... we are at least as big a club as you are...

We have more fans, a bigger and better ground, we've won the league more times than you... plus we finished a mere 6 positions behind you last season...

First team football is a big factor chief... selling may not make sense to YOU but it may make sense to Mr Thorne... I make the point again... these are PEOPLE not commodities...

I wrote, drop down to a lower league, that is where you are, FACT. Thorne was having difficulty getting in to our first team and yet was often MOM for many of the games he played in for you.  That is the difference between our two clubs, never mind how much dust you have on your trophies and how nice your ground looks.

Tim Sherwood would be sacked before the end of the season. WBA have no stability. 

As with most manager if the team is performing badly then of coutrse he will be sacked and conversely he will be poached within 18 months to a bigger club if we do well. The nature of the beast and exactly the same with Thorne.

Selling to a bigger club is one thing, selling so he can drop down a league to play just doesn't make sense I'm afraid. If he can't force his way into the side next season, then he can go on loan to improve his game / fitness so he can come back and push his way into the team, or if we feel he wont achieve this in the future, then we would sell him.  That is exactly why he went to you on loan. 

It's something we do with a lot of our players who are unlikely to get on the pitch. Dawson, Berahino to name just two and we are not the only club to loan out are fringe players, most clubs do it and no doubt you do too.

I see you've not paid a great deal of attention to what he's actually said:

"Some people might see Derby as a step down, but knowing the lads and the club, they are soon going to be back in the Premier League so it would be one step back for two forward"

It makes no sense to you, but it makes a lot of sense to him. He doesn't like you anymore. Fact.

I wrote, drop down to a lower league, that is where you are, FACT. Thorne was having difficulty getting in to our first team and yet was often MOM for many of the games he played in for you.  That is the difference between our two clubs, never mind how much dust you have on your trophies and how nice your ground looks.

MOM performances aren't dictated by the quality of the side... they're dictated by the quality of the player... And actually giving them games...

You're still going to maintain then, that if Thorne doesn't get playing time next year he should just be happy to sit in your reserves or get loaned out again?

The difference between the bottom half of the PL and top half of the Championship is next to nothing nowadays... Other than the money... 

The difference between the bottom half of the PL and top half of the Championship is next to nothing nowadays... Other than the money...

This. I honestly believe that our Wembley starting eleven would be more than a match for most of the bottom 10 in that division. I can only see Palace and West Ham being very, very difficult teams to beat.

This. I honestly believe that our Wembley starting eleven would be more than a match for most of the bottom 10 in that division. I can only see Palace and West Ham being very, very difficult teams to beat.

Mate, you are deluded!!!

How many points was it last time? 11 points?

You came 3rd in the chump, 8 points behind second and 17 points from top.

As I wrote before, Thorne is a gem to you, a must have, yet we loaned him out last season as he wasn't good enough to play for us.

Mate, you are deluded!!!

As I wrote before, Thorne is a gem to you, a must have, yet we loaned him out last season as he wasn't good enough to play for us.

Clearly our side hasn't changed in 7 years....

Mate, you are deluded!!!

Give over, what's the 11 points got to do with it? Our squad is miles better than the 11 points team, new manager, new staff, new owners.... So bloody boring and totally irreverent

It makes no sense to you, but it makes a lot of sense to him. He doesn't like you anymore. Fact.

He has 3, that's THREE years left on his contract. FACT

Look, he won't be going to Derby next season whatever happens, if we sell or loan him out I am 99.99% certain we won't let him return due to the public statements about going to buy him.

I expect an increased offer from Derby and a further public rejection statement from Albion in a far stronger tone. You watch, it will happen and he won't be joining you.

"Give over, what's the 11 points got to do with it? Our squad is miles better than the 11 points team, new manager, new staff, new owners.... So bloody boring and totally irreverent"

So good you stormed the chump and got promoted?

Oh no, you came 3rd and lost to QPR

Now I remember :D

"Give over, what's the 11 points got to do with it? Our squad is miles better than the 11 points team, new manager, new staff, new owners.... So bloody boring and totally irreverent"

So good you stormed the chump and got promoted?

Oh no, you came 3rd and lost to QPR

Now I remember :D

If you want to get technical, we got appoint score that would get us promoted most seasons. The fact that two other, very good teams are coming up should be concerning WBA. I'd be interested to see what Sherwood does with you, but I certainly wouldn't be surprised if Leicester and Burnley both give you a run for your money. Burnley might go down, but they'll go down ahead of WBA...

And you still won't be playing Thorne in your midfield. Just cos he can't get into your team, doesn't mean he's not an incredibly talented player. He's just got to be used in the right way, within the right system. Derby's system is perfect to exploit all his strengths and expose no weaknesses.

We'll keep thrashing teams 5-0, WBA can keep thrashing about at the bottom of the prem, praying there'll be 3 worse teams than them.

PS If you want to drag up irrelevant history, who did the worst team in history beat, and place higher than over the course of a season, to get them in the premier league? Oh, that would be WBA, so how **** were you guys (and Newcastle)?

Daaave

The "quote" button does not display on my iphone.

I've given my honest opinion on Thorne and only when people felt the need to knock WBA have I reciprocated.

Redcar, you are such a funny guy.

Now go and do your homework

Right frickin hero we have here don't we.......... blimey, what a bellend.  :baby:

There are opinions, which are welcome when constructed and worth reading... then there is the typical WUM... which clearly you are my baggy friend.

Archived