George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

So why not mention Dawson's bid rejection also? I don't expect you to know the answer of course, but I'd hope you can relate to how this looks on the other side of the Midlands. It's two fingers up at us. WBA have had some bad publicity lately and you seem determined to make it even worse. Carry on though, don't let us stop you. 

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So why not mention Dawson's bid rejection also? I don't expect you to know the answer of course, but I'd hope you can relate to how this looks on the other side of the Midlands. It's two fingers up at us. WBA have had some bad publicity lately and you seem determined to make it even worse. Carry on though, don't let us stop you. 

Please try not to act like WBA FANS are in charge of the club decisions mate... It makes us all look stupid...

And the things they say on this forum are hardly public note are they? National papers aren't exactly clamouring for our comments...

Apart from mine obviously... I'm Batman...

Not at all mate, our WBA friend is speaking on behalf of their club and I am responding in kind. I am under no illusion as to who is running the show, I'm sure no one else is either. Apologies if I'm missing your point?

Perhaps we have already told Derby that he is not for sale and you have returned with a bid and this was Burnley's first approach?

Maybe Dawson is for sale and Thorne isn't?

I think as a club we're well within our rights to keep the fans aware of the situation by releasing a statement? Can't really see your issue.

And for the record I for one, would like both Thorne and Dawson to stay.

'No better than a 50% [chance of signing Thorne]' in the words of Alan Nixon. 

I must admit, it's probably what I expected but it's gut wrenching all the same. If we don't sign him, and lose Bryson this month, I imagine there will be a few anxious fans knocking about. I may well be one of them  :lol:

'No better than a 50% [chance of signing Thorne]' in the words of Alan Nixon. 

I must admit, it's probably what I expected but it's gut wrenching all the same. If we don't sign him, and lose Bryson this month, I imagine there will be a few anxious fans knocking about. I may well be one of them  :lol:

Nixon's also said that Bryson's clause is '100 percent certain' despite seeming unaware that the contract was only signed last summer. I honestly don't think he's all he's cracked up to be (Nixon, that is). 

Nixon's also said that Bryson's clause is '100 percent certain' despite seeming unaware that the contract was only signed last summer. I honestly don't think he's all he's cracked up to be (Nixon, that is). 

Nixon is usually spot on, he seems to have a lot of contacts. I'm not saying he isn't flawed but I wouldn't be surprised if he is in the know and correct with Bryson's contract.

The key to Bryson is surely that he signed a new deal last year, by which time his value to us was evident. At that stage I would like to think that any clause, which could easily inserted when he was new to us and an unknown quantity, would have been removed, because it was obvious last summer that he was worth a lot more than £750,000. I would be amazed if Sam Rush allowed any such clause to remain in. If the player himself insisted on a clause going in, presumably it would have been upped at that point to a more realistic figure.

As for Thorne, it's all just posturing at the moment until he returns from holiday, West Brom appoint a head coach and everyone can begin a proper conversation. Derby did the right thing in trying a sneaky bid before a coach comes in, but it was always doomed to fail. West Brom supporters are in no better position to say what will happen than we are. 

And if we miss out, no problem, we can get him this time next year when we pass Albion on the way down as we are on the way up.

Sad isn't it how I came on here to give you an honest opinion that you wont be signing Thorne and yet some have a go at WBA.   

It was a straight loan, no option to buy. Get over it, he isn't your player.

I agree with you. No need for the hostility

As other West Brom fans on here will justify I am very close to the club, when the bid went in Derby were told exactly how much it would take to get him and Derby didn't rate him at that price. End of discussion from the WBA side.

Im not saying it is dead but that bid is way off as we rate Thorne higher than Hughes who your board seem to think is worth £15m so there would need to be a middle ground agreed on.

Just not going to happen as I cant see your board taking JP on.

As other West Brom fans on here will justify I am very close to the club, when the bid went in Derby were told exactly how much it would take to get him and Derby didn't rate him at that price. End of discussion from the WBA side.

Im not saying it is dead but that bid is way off as we rate Thorne higher than Hughes who your board seem to think is worth £15m so there would need to be a middle ground agreed on.

How much is the price you want ITK man?...

When you say people on here rate Will Hughes at 15 million, ignore them please.

Thorne and Hughes are very similar quality atm, Hughes has a bit more experience and exposure to the public eye which will mean most people outside of West Brom and Derby would put a much higher value on Hughes.

Your chairman seems to have got himself a reputation as being very stubborn on prices etc. has this helped you or hindered you in the past? 

Why does this always turn into an ego trip with you guys?

It's what teams are willing to pay though that's the point, three or four teams are willing to pay silly money for Hughes, can you say the same about Thorne ?.

When you say people on here rate Will Hughes at 15 million, ignore them please.

Thorne and Hughes are very similar quality atm, Hughes has a bit more experience and exposure to the public eye which will mean most people outside of West Brom and Derby would put a much higher value on Hughes.

Your chairman seems to have got himself a reputation as being very stubborn on prices etc. has this helped you or hindered you in the past? 

It has helped us massively, he has consistently got £2-4m more for a player than they are worth, it's his way or no way and he has never backed down even if its to our clubs detrement.

I know you all will disagree and say he is not worth it but if you really rateThorne as much as JP then you are going to be breaking your transfer record by quite a way.

Archived