George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The butthurt WBA fans make me laugh, talking about 'The Chumpionship' & 'The Lower Leagues' like they're a top end club who never have nor ever will disgrace themselves by playing lower than they are now.

Now that's pathetic. There were all of 5 teams between us last season, 4 points less for them or a different outcome last week for us and we'd have been at least level with them.

The butthurt WBA fans make me laugh, talking about 'The Chumpionship' & 'The Lower Leagues' like they're a top end club who never have nor ever will disgrace themselves by playing lower than they are now.

Now that's pathetic. There were all of 5 teams between us last season, 4 points less for them or a different outcome last week for us and we'd have been at least level with them.

Er yes but they were playing Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea etc !

When Chris Evans was brought into the club, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned by Rush that Derby need to improve their connections within football to put them on a stronger footing moving forwards. Part of that was working closely with football agents again, which we had seemed to try and shun over recent years because who really wants to pay a middle-man right?

That piece in the Mirror would have been planned by George's agent, who I'm pretty sure is Rob Segal. Segal also looks after a number of young English footballers including the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain and Raheem Sterling and is very open about trying to secure them "deserved contracts" over foreign players who get paid much more (Sterling is currently in talks over a 100K contract).

Which funnily enough can be seen echoed in Georges comments about him not being give much of chance at WBA, being put behind foreign players in the pecking order. Also mentioning that his contract extension was signed under duress, which means it's likely to be invalid if challenged (Segal is also contract lawyer).

George said he was asking to come to come to Derby for a while before the move got sorted. So you can bet this has all been engineered for a while. Thorne will get to play regularly for a team which play good football are likely to get promotion and he will likely get a decent contract from. Segal will get a cut from the transfer cash, and potentially some bonuses. WBA are forced to sell a talent at a lower price then they would ideally want, but is within Derby's FFP budget. All from Derby being a lot cleverer in the transfer market and building good relationships with the right people. 

Still, I can't see the deal being sorted anytime soon. WBA are a mess at the moment, they should never have sacked Clarke, lots of their players appear unhappy and I doubt there is a cue of good quality managers chomping at the bit to take them over next season. 

Some of you Derby fans have never had dealings with Jeremy Peace have you?

If you think he will sell a player cheap you are deluded, if you think a player will force a move against his will you are deluded, IF West Brom sell Thorne, you will pay a hefty price one way or the other.

Thorne has either been badly advised or stupid, but I'll leave you to find that out for yourselves.

If you think he will sell a player cheap you are deluded, if you think a player will force a move against his will you are deluded, IF West Brom sell Thorne, you will pay a hefty price one way or the other.

Thorne has either been badly advised or stupid, but I'll leave you to find that out for yourselves.

Thing is, even if we had loads of money to spen don one player (which we don't) FFP wouldn't allow us

So Peace has a choice:

a) Keep an unhappy player who may unsettle squad

b) Sell to a rival battling relegation for £5mn

c) sell to a Championship club for £1.5 - £2mn

Not sure Thorne will go to any other championship club other than us.  Your call

Didn't Odemwinge force a move from you lot ? what was it 2 mil ?  :lol: first team player 2 mil  :lol:

OK Jeremy, we'll bear that in mind, now go and stick a hawthorn up your arse.

Well clearly not, none of us work in the football industry,..

I've heard about him, worked really well with Odemwingie didn't it!

And we'll leave you to find out how good George is....

as he fires us to the Prem and we swap places with you! :lol:

He is far too good to be sitting on anyone's bench now.

He just wants to play.

And we want him here.

Hope the comedy duo don't fck this up.

Heading for the record Premiership low points total again if you got promoted, by the way, how was the play off final, stopped crying like babies yet!

Still really butt hurt aren't you?

Heading for the record Premiership low points total again if you got promoted, by the way, how was the play off final, stopped crying like babies yet!

Have you stopped talking funny yet?

Archived