George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not writing him off...maybe saying he shouldn't be first choice was bad wording but if Freeman leaves, we will need another right back (ideally more experienced) for competition

We've rejected a bid for Freeman this morning, so he might not even leave. And if he does, hopefully we've have a few hundred thousand to put straight back into the squad.

He's going to be one of the best full backs in the league next season.. Guarenteed

I will reiterate for you as well- let him play a few games first before you judge how good he may or may not be. Lets not write him off, but lets not expect miracles from him either.

500 posts  :cool:

This is not the right thread but the reports seem to all say defensively, he is not great and from going to an ok but sometimes suspect defensively-minded right back (Brayford) to a good one (Wisdom) to a shaky one worries me. Obviously, hope I'm wrong.

Anyway, would you play Thorne every game if fit or let Eustace share the workload (depending on the game)?

This is not the right thread but the reports seem to all say defensively, he is not great and from going to an ok but sometimes suspect defensively-minded right back (Brayford) to a good one (Wisdom) to a shaky one worries me. Obviously, hope I'm wrong.

Reports from Watford and WBA said that Thorne has mobility and speed issues. 

Reports and the goalscoring stats said that Chris Martin is a non-scoring striker.

Reports from Burnley said Grant was slow off his line.

How did they turn out again?

# What a difference a day makes, 24 little hours #

SausEggPanini Yesterday, 05:43 PM

Thorne on his way to Derby
I have this information from a reliable source who's usually pretty top notch with club stuff.
I can't disclose for obvious reasons.
Thorne has had his wishes granted from AFI and is on his way out for

Reports from Watford and WBA said that Thorne has mobility and speed issues. 

Reports and the goalscoring stats said that Chris Martin is a non-scoring striker.

Reports from Burnley said Grant was slow off his line.

How did they turn out again?

Heck Craig Forsyth couldn't get into a League Two side.

Don't care what players do elsewhere, if they play well here all that matters and EVERY player deserves a chance before being critised.

Maybe the style of play at Cov didn't suit him?

I'm not saying this chap hasn't got ability Tombo - both sets of managements targeted him so there's clearly something to work with and he does seem to have lost his way a little last season in a struggling team.

But going from Andre Wisdom to Freeman and Christie in a Premiership-chasing campaign is something that concerns me..doesn't mean I'm correct.

I'm not writing him off...maybe saying he shouldn't be first choice was bad wording but if Freeman leaves, we will need another right back (ideally more experienced) for competition

Over 100 appearances (including ~40 at Championship level) for a 21 year old is pretty experienced.

I'm not saying this chap hasn't got ability Tombo - both sets of managements targeted him so there's clearly something to work with and he does seem to have lost his way a little last season in a struggling team.

But going from Andre Wisdom to Freeman and Christie in a Premiership-chasing campaign is something that concerns me..doesn't mean I'm correct.

Players like Wisdom are why we use the loan system, there is no chance a Champ could get these type of players on a perma deal.

Be patient lads.

Its going to happen this week. Even Owen Bradley has said he is confident of it happening this week.

I know for a fact that we had positive talks with WBA yesterday and my source believes everything has been agreed.

He will sign this week, its only a Tuesday and people are giving up on life already.

Don't panic, sit back, relax and wait for Thorne to be a ram.

Trust me.

I would fully expect George Thorne to be in our starting line up vs Notts County.

You are the greatest, I love you

Archived