George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm resigned to us not getting him now. I know the season finished 5 minutes ago but it feels like the longer it goes on the less likely we are to get him. My gut remains wrenched following the Wembley disappointment. I am, however, trusting McClaren and the scouting team to unearth a few gems and get us high in the table playing nice football. But without lovely George.

I'm resigned to us not getting him now. I know the season finished 5 minutes ago but it feels like the longer it goes on the less likely we are to get him. My gut remains wrenched following the Wembley disappointment. I am, however, trusting McClaren and the scouting team to unearth a few gems and get us high in the table playing nice football. But without lovely George.

I'm afraid if it's going to happen then it's going to take a while. As previous posts have said, Thorne's now on holiday (as are many football related staff at both clubs). Plus I seriously doubt WBA will sell without a manager in place. And even if they're willing to sell, they'll bide their time to hopefully get more clubs interested and start a bidding war.

this will basicaly be a statement of ambition for the board, are they prepared to put in the funds to give us the final push? its pretty much well known that george thorne wants to join derby and he is a ram at heart, its just a matter of are the board prepared to offer what wba want, if we get an offer accepted, its as good as done

Archived