George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

McClaren has lots of contacts and to be honest I'd never heard of George Thorne before he signed him on loan.

Cisse was another similar type of player to Thorne that Steve McClaren had on trial and did really well for us

We also still have a quality midfield without George .

So the honest answer is unless you are a scout or a technical director of football like our own Chris Evans then most average fans wouldn't be able to tell you.

Hope that makes some sort of sense.

Pull yersen together Curtains......Nigel was after him in 2011.....

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pull yersen together Curtains......Nigel was after him in 2011.....

Well that might be correct as Nigel could spot a good player but George did have a nasty knee injury after that and had only just returned to playing again when McClaren took him under his wings .

But I don't want to go down that road as Nigel is at Sheff U now.

PS I can remember when Arsenal offered 8 Million for Dean Sturridge and we turned it down but we did get 8 for Seth .

Well that might be correct as Nigel could spot a good player but George did have a nasty Knee injury after that and had only just returned to playing again when McClaren took him under his wings .

But I don't want to go down that road as Nigel is at Sheff U now.

Go on, admit it, you have secret man-love for Cloughie. We're all friends here, no one will judge.  :lol:

Derby County target George Thorne still wanted by West Brom, says new boss

By Derbysport | Posted: July 11, 2014

By Steve Nicholson

Derby County target George Thorne

George Thorne has had talks with new West Brom boss Alan Irvine.

Comments (1)

NEW boss Alan Irvine wants Derby County transfer target George Thorne to stay at West Bromwich Albion.

Irvine has said the 21-year-old midfielder is a part of Albion

Why am I logging every day to see if GT has signed at what is 06.30 UK time?

Jeeez!

I was considering setting my alarm for 3am (something only usually done in this house for early morning holiday flights) it's going to get to the stage where I don't go to bed !! Something has got to happen soon or we will all go mad !! Mad I say !!

Owen still believes:

@OwenBradley: For the record, I still think George Thorne will be a Derby County player by the end of the summer #dcfcans

@OwenBradley: This morning on @BBCDerbySport - Paul Simpson on @cyruschristie, the latest on George Thorne, & reaction to Derbyshire's draw with Essex.

Was just watching some of the 10 or so minute highlights on Ramsplayer from games last season.

Not only is Thorne a beast and always in the thick of the action but Wisdom is class aswell. The pair of them were awesome loan signings. We've not played football that good for years. Watch them, so fast, attacking and just a proper neat and tidy team.

I know Eustace played a massive part too. Thorne is just everywhere. Doesn't lose the ball, doesn't lose 50/50's. Strong, tall and even has an attacking threat that Eustace didn't offer. The goal at Donny and volley vs Brighton are the best evidence but he is always backing up the play. He's fookin class.

Wisdom too, no nonsense. You might aswell try to beat up a tank. He was so composed on the ball. Percentage balls down the line like 90% of fullbacks? Never. And although he would often choose to pass safely sideways or backwards it's certainly worth noting that he'd do this quite often after forcing the opposition to give up a lot of ground, giving Derby a much higher position.

Class players. Without them I'm still looking forward to the season. I just don't think we'll easily find that level of quality again. I really hope between Derby and Thorne we can force WBA into an affordable price.

It will be quite an incredible signing if it does happen. Fook moving on. Keep going!!!

if McClaren really rates him he should do what Fulham and Norwich have done which is to offer sufficient money that the other club can't refuse to sell him. Either we want to get promoted or we don't. Stop being half arsed about it!

if McClaren really rates him he should do what Fulham and Norwich have done which is to offer sufficient money that the other club can't refuse to sell him. Either we want to get promoted or we don't. Stop being half arsed about it!

I don't think it's Mac who puts the offers in  ;) It'll be Sam Rush's job.

Archived