George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First we have Sam Rush and Jeremy Peace in a hot, sweaty room. Sam Rush knows the maximum he can go to and the question is whether or not it's enough for Peace. It could go on for hours, and it could be too much for Peace to allow himself to be overpowered by Rush. He's resisted up to now. This time, however, it seems inevitable and it will be less painful for Peace if he just lets it happen.

Later, George Thorne sits on a chair and sweaty businessmen surround him and come at him from all angles. He has a decision to make. After much deliberation he will grab it with both hands. It won't be easy though, and it could take a while. Thorne knows it's going to be a sticky situation.

The board should be looking to bring this flirtation to a swift climax this week.  We've been making the right noises throughout negotiations, hopefully we can keep it up and come to a gratifying end for all involved. 

First we have Sam Rush and Jeremy Peace in a hot, sweaty room. Sam Rush knows the maximum he can go to and the question is whether or not it's enough for Peace. It could go on for hours, and it could be too much for Peace to allow himself to be overpowered by Rush. He's resisted up to now. This time, however, it seems inevitable and it will be less painful for Peace if he just lets it happen.

Later, George Thorne sits on a chair and sweaty businessmen surround him and come at him from all angles. He has a decision to make. After much deliberation he will grab it with both hands. It won't be easy though, and it could take a while. Thorne knows it's going to be a sticky situation.

I think Sam Rush has got to go in hard at Peace with an big offer he just isn't expecting. You never know, it could come off and he a happy ending for all concerned

I may have to stop reading this thread. As a well brought up elderly lady, I don't understand most of it. ( would now put blushing emoticon if I knew how to find them on my iPad!)

May I apologise for these heathens, I'm embarrassed for you.

In slightly more enthusing news, I am told that the club are confident of wrapping up a deal for GT within the next week, possibily by the end of the week. I am not sure how far the deal is gone in terms of negociating a fee, but Thorne's terms have been agreed. DCFC believe their current offer will be enough and have been in talks with WBA for all of this week. WBA want a larger figure up front, where as Derby's bids have been based with add ons

From SDSR.

Derby transfer dealings are now considered a national security issue? I mean I appreciate we have defensive frailties but that seems a bit much...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strategic_Defence_and_Security_Review

He obviously knows a guy, bur refuses to state who. Tbh, in modern day football it's pretty common. He won't (and doesn't) pick up everything, and most forums/clubs have someone who is "ITK.." on their forums or on twitter. I was only reading Burnley's forum the other day and they have someone who is respected by their members for providing accurate info

Archived