George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I don't think McClean is that sort of player, is he? He's incredibly hard working, so he's not lazy and I can't say I've ever seen him in the papers other than poppygate.

I can't really judge his off the pitch stuff because I've not heard anything bad about him other than the poppy thing, but when watching Wigan and Ireland, on the pitch he seems to think he's Ronaldo, attempting to take everyone on hitting it from miles out. Would obviously support him if he does come, but would much rather we kept Ward and avoid the risk of upsetting team spirit

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 3rd bid rejected is true, this just proves how cat and mouse the transfer has become.

When you want a player so badly, the ransom for money increases. If we do get Thorne, it will be a transfer that will take time...

And another thing, I go on nights for a couple of shifts and when I come back some bogger's moved the apostrophe in the thread title. It was perfectly alright where it was. Purrit back. :angry:

Yeah it's an apostrophe catastrophe!

I think you'd be mad not to accept that to be honest.

I understand the whole thing about you wanting to keep academy player under a new contact etc. however, he clearly wants out. He has a history of injuries and you probably won't get anything like this offer again for him.

Best for all parties.

I believe the opposite. If they don't go all out to sign Thorne, then it will be extremely telling. We've seen what he can do, we know he wants to come here and for what it's worth I just don't think he's a player that's ever going to lose his value.

Thorne, in my opinion, is more of an investment than a purchase. We should go all out for him, nine* wins in his 12 appearances tells me that.

An exceptional player, if he signs then I'll be 95% confident that we've made the signing of the summer and booked our place at the top of the table. I just hope we can make it happen, other than a right-back - I don't think we necessarily need anyone

From last season, Thorne and Wisdom were the only two needed bringing in or replacing. If we was to blow our budget on those and keep the rest of the team in place, same system, same structure, same mentality... perfect.

So would you say we didn't need cover for Martin because for me the cover for Martin is just behind DM and RB in terms of priority. If Martin was to suffer an injury we'd be stuffed as our whole game revolves around him being able to hold the ball well and bring in our other attackers? 

I don't think McClean is that sort of player, is he? He's incredibly hard working, so he's not lazy and I can't say I've ever seen him in the papers other than poppygate.

He tweeted about not getting played for Ireland when he was on the bench before, got a bollocking for that I believe but other than that I'm not certain I've read anything too bad.

So would you say we didn't need cover for Martin because for me the cover for Martin is just behind DM and RB in terms of priority. If Martin was to suffer an injury we'd be stuffed as our whole game revolves around him being able to hold the ball well and bring in our other attackers? 

He tweeted about not getting played for Ireland when he was on the bench before, got a bollocking for that I believe but other than that I'm not certain I've read anything too bad.

Yeah, we do need a striker that can hold the ball up, but in terms of our starting XI there is really only two positions that need addressing. Martin's cover is going to be a hard one, in fact, almost impossible IMO.

We've got to sign someone, who's good and can play in a top Championship side with a decent desire, but know he's going to be second choice for much of the season. I've racked my brain for who I'd personally bring in and still have no idea.

Incredibly difficult, especially for players that know our team/system...etc

I can't remember who, but someone's been screaming Max Clayton, and I agree. He'll only be 700k, which we can spend on a back up ST and not feel too bad if it goes wrong. But I do believe we should sort out this RB position fast, but on the other hand, I'd like it to be someone who can replicate Wisdom. And that might not be easy to come by quickly.

Derbyshire Telegraph reported today the stories about us preparing a 2.5 mil bid are premature so there will probably be another 3 or 4 bids before we reach that amount  :lol:

If I was West Brom and I wanted to offload the player for around that amount and to cut out all this crap, I'd leak something like that to the press, whether Derby have made a bid or not.

If I was West Brom and I wanted to offload the player for around that amount and to cut out all this crap, I'd leak something like that to the press, whether Derby have made a bid or not.

I hope so, that would mean they're willing to sell at least. I'm shocked other Championship teams with a bit of money haven't come in for him yet

I hope so, that would mean they're willing to sell at least. I'm shocked other Championship teams with a bit of money haven't come in for him yet

Perhaps they are waiting to see what figure is accepted and then step in. Just a thought.

Archived