George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

I hope George and his agent are reading all this they must be laughing all the way

to the bank.Whatever happens its win,win for them ,and not the end of the world for

either club.He is just a young footballer who might come good,or might not.There are

loads of them,this is happening in clubs up and down the country ask Southampton.

I wouldn't say it's win-win for Thorne, if he truly does want out of the club. If we just don't let him leave and he is stuck rotting in the reserves, I wouldn't say he has won then?

WBA are in the driving seat, we have a 2nd string player who is majorly wanted by another club, the control is very much in Jeremy Peace's hands

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was Jeremy Peace I would be concentrating on how I'm going to stay up this season. After finishing one place above the relegation zone last season and appointing a head coach without Premier League experience, I would hope the Thorne issue doesn't become a distraction for the club when they need everyone pulling in the same direction.

The big issue addressed though.

The apostrophe is gone!

Doesn't make eye contact, pretends to tie shoelaces, crosses the road.

Mission accomplished.

Bumps into bloody Help For Heroes chugger.

The bloke who lives up the street from me is a huge west Brom fan and I was talking to him yesterday about this whole saga.

He believes its in the best interests of everybody involved to let George Thorne come to derby. He was furious about thornes comments that he did in the mirror and can't understand why the club would reject 2 transfer requests when he's already said he wants to leave! He was admittedly disappointed about loosing an academy prospect but his exact words yesterday were ' With f****** Alan Irvine on charge we'll be in the championship come may anyway' so I don't think loosing Thornr is the thing he is most worried about

The apostrophe was correct. This has angered me.

Indeed.

If one is saying that the game 'belongs' to Thorne it would be Thorne's game or game of Thorne's. Just as it would be friend of Thorne's.

The apostrophe simply leaves us to infer the the game was instigated and is being played by Thorne. Which is the case.

Put the apostrophe back and publish a full apology to the original poster.

Indeed.

If one is saying that the game 'belongs' to Thorne it would be Thorne's game or game of Thorne's. Just as it would be friend of Thorne's.

The apostrophe simply leaves us to infer the the game was instigated and is being played by Thorne. Which is the case.

The OP concerned talks between WBA and Derby after Watford failed to extend a loan agreement. Hardly seems George was controlling the game.

So...no!

As an aside, reading the first few posts, I was surprised to be reminded how it all started. Only end of January too. Was it ever clarified why Watford failed to extend what had been a successful loan?

The OP concerned talks between WBA and Derby after Watford failed to extend a loan agreement. Hardly seems George was controlling the game.

So...no!

As an aside, reading the first few posts, I was surprised to be reminded how it all started. Only end of January too. Was it ever clarified why Watford failed to extend what had been a successful loan?

Ok, read on and saw the reasons. Bit cactus of me not to have done so before asking the question.

Impressed by Ambitious' early call on his ability!

Indeed.

With respect, I disagree.

The title is a pun on the "Game of Thrones" series of books and films, where there is no apostrophe. The pun doesn't really work but in order to make it work you have to pluralise "Thorne".

So I ain't putting it back. 

Archived