George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Butros if you are the guru of all things baggie why has the club pressed self destruct with the signing of Irvine and the subsequent offer of money back to all those fans unhappy??? Surely this action can only lead to one possible outcome?

I understand the refund offer was made to about 100 fans who asked for a refund between certain dates. Some of these have since contacted the club stating they have since changed their minds and no longer wish to pursue a refund.

If the one possible outcome you refer to is relegation? I don't think a few people asking for a refund will contribute to this.

The appointment of irvine however.....

But if it's George's game, then what?

Exactly. I feel it's the coolest thread title ever and perfectly acceptable grammatically. And George will have played his game very well indeed if he is able to sign soon.

"One George Thorne, there's only one George Thorne" (which is why the apostrophe works).

You don't hand in two transfers requests (yes two!) and make his comments public in the media if he didn't want out of WBA mate...

please point to where he has slated the club or said he want's out regardless.

I know his preference would be Derby, but i reckon WBA would be his 2nd choice

All very true, I just find it funny how some derby fans think WBA are in some way acting inappropriately. When in truth they are either

A) trying to hold onto a player they regard highly.

B) trying to get the best possible deal for the player if he does leave

Derby would be doing exactly the same if roles were reversed

The problem is that most Derby fans can't see that West Brom actually hold the player in high regard, hence they gave him a three and a half year contract when he wasn't even fit. In addition they fail to recognise that Thorne was actually playing for the first team when he was seriously injured, he hadn't been sidelined or confined to the stiffs.

There is a school of thought that says that Thorne was badly treated, wasn't in their plans and won't be in their plans next season. Most of that is myth based on the unwise comments that the player made to the press when he rather childishly alleged that he had signed a new deal under duress - come on George, are you a man or a mouse, did you have the best advice from your agent or didn't you? All he succeded in doing  was to antagonise their Chairmen and harden his resolve, he did himself or Derby absolutely no favours.

West Brom have been given a hard time by Derby fans but what is their crime? They have kindly lent us a very talented young player for the mutual benefit of both clubs, as a result we almost got promoted and they saw a player that they have nurtured return to full fitness. They were clear from the outset that he was coming to Derby for one reason and one reason only, to get match fit. They don't deserve criticism because they refuse to bend to his demands.

As soon as a potential move for Bryson to Burnley hit the papers Derby fans put their own valuation on him, anything up to

The problem is that most Derby fans can't see that West Brom actually hold the player in high regard, hence they gave him a three and a half year contract when he wasn't even fit. In addition they fail to recognise that Thorne was actually playing for the first team when he was seriously injured, he hadn't been sidelined or confined to the stiffs.

There is a school of thought that says that Thorne was badly treated, wasn't in their plans and won't be in their plans next season. Most of that is myth based on the unwise comments that the player made to the press when he rather childishly alleged that he had signed a new deal under duress - come on George, are you a man or a mouse, did you have the best advice from your agent or didn't you? All he succeded in doing  was to antagonise their Chairmen and harden his resolve, he did himself or Derby absolutely no favours.

West Brom have been given a hard time by Derby fans but what is their crime? They have kindly lent us a very talented young player for the mutual benefit of both clubs, as a result we almost got promoted and they saw a player that they have nurtured return to full fitness. They were clear from the outset that he was coming to Derby for one reason and one reason only, to get match fit. They don't deserve criticism because they refuse to bend to his demands.

As soon as a potential move for Bryson to Burnley hit the papers Derby fans put their own valuation on him, anything up to

There is a school of thought that says that Thorne was badly treated, wasn't in their plans and won't be in their plans next season. Most of that is myth based on the unwise comments that the player made to the press when he rather childishly alleged that he had signed a new deal under duress - come on George, are you a man or a mouse, did you have the best advice from your agent or didn't you? All he succeded in doing was to antagonise their Chairmen and harden his resolve, he did himself or Derby absolutely no favours.

Ah... A Baggie circlejerk, exactly what this forum needs.

I like the discussions with other fans, but I am surprised by how much West Brom activity there is on here.

I'm sure you will all do the same once you become a big club again

Archived