George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nowhere in that article does Thorne say WBA talked down to him or laughed at him when he said he wanted to be in the team

I think the parts where he says that coming through the academy means you get little respect, being treated like a kid by WBA and having to force his loan move are the bits most appropriate to what B4 is referring to. I'm guessing you skim read it? Which to be fair I would do too if it was a piece in which one of our homegrown players like Hughes or Bennett basically called our club pants. Must be quite humiliating.

I think the parts where he says that coming through the academy means you get little respect, being treated like a kid by WBA and having to force his loan move are the bits most appropriate to what B4 is referring to. I'm guessing you skim read it? Which to be fair I would do too if it was a piece in which one of our homegrown players like Hughes or Bennett basically called our club pants. Must be quite humiliating.

On the contrary I read the article fully. I was looking for the quotes B4 was referring to, which were not there btw. If you want to read between the lines and put words into George's mouth for some kind of cheap point scoring then fine. Personally I prefer to deal with facts.

Why is he a shyster?

We were the first to go public in our statements about GT.

Which is fine if we follow that up with decisive action.

But we didn't and it looks messy now.

I've really enjoyed your sensible balanced posts lately and now feel a bit crappy for ever NOT agreeing with you.

Something must have gone wrong with my judgement in the early days!

We will sign him. We will get promoted. He will play for England. He will captain England to victory at a tournament. He will then put his name to a product. The George Thorne Grill.

I've just pre ordered one for when they come out after 2018 WC along with the Bennett Bath and the Hughes Hoverboard

Agree that something gone wrong somewhere if he wants to jump ship to a lower league side.............hang on a minute.........we have the likes of Freeman. What has he done to get regular football????? Drop down a division. He probably thinks he should be first choice but the club know thats not going to happen so he joins NC's revolution.My take on this is that GT will push for the move one way or another. Lets befrank you have a choie of first team football in front of 30,000 fans, playing for one of the top coaches in the country or you stay with WBA keeping the bench warm playing foran ex Everton coach..............simples

One of the top coaches in the country that couldn't see QPR's centre backs winning every high ball played into the box, so just kept pounding away with no end result, rather than try a different tactic that may have actually won the game for you.

I guess the smart money would be to wait off for a third bid to see if he turns up for pre-season training.

I have a feeling that will be his next, and last, rabbit out of the hat he can pull. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

We don't want any of that.

Just do the deal ffs.

Right.... these baggies are really gettin up my nose now... butros... you are deluded... seem to think you believe that your club is like a jail and the evil dictator pearce wont budge... lets see what happens after bid 3 shall we... and baggie79... r u on crack? 8m? Even if that inc add ons? Sort your head out and dont spout nonsense ffs... as for your continued reference to pearce.... he wont do this he Wont do that... unless he is your dad and he told you when he was tucking u in2 bed we dont care

Right.... these baggies are really gettin up my nose now... butros... you are deluded... seem to think you believe that your club is like a jail and the evil dictator pearce wont budge... lets see what happens after bid 3 shall we... and baggie79... r u on crack? 8m? Even if that inc add ons? Sort your head out and dont spout nonsense ffs... as for your continued reference to pearce.... he wont do this he Wont do that... unless he is your dad and he told you when he was tucking u in2 bed we dont care

His name is Peace, Jeremy Peace, not Pearce!

EVERYBODY GET MAD!!!

Peace pearce percy whatever his name is! Reminds you of school when u get threatened with the headmasters office ffs

Hated those coward teachers.

But I found out that headmasters were quite intelligent and relaxed, only their reputation were... erm... unattractive.

His name is Peace, Jeremy Peace, not Pearce!EVERYBODY GET MAD!!!

I'm deluded? Mate were you dropped on your head when you were younger or are you the one on crack?

I've been quite consistent in my statements that Thorne will be sold if the price is right.

Now run along, the school bus is on its way

Archived