George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

Another poor bid.

Why has it taken us three weeks to up our bid by 300k?!

Sam Rush does the deals, the experienced sports agent. Without wanting to sound like a cock or start an argument - why do you think you're better qualified to decide what would be a good bid? I wouldn't have a clue myself.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Rush does the deals, the experienced sports agent. Without wanting to sound like a cock or start an argument - why do you think you're better qualified to decide what would be a good bid? I wouldn't have a clue myself.

Clearly it's not a good bid

It got bloody rejected!

At least have a guess ffs

Don't shoot for the analogy.....but I have signed thousands of players on champ manager, and cannot remember ever having a first offer accepted! Only leeds, QPR, Reddogs, Portsmouth et al operate by chucking the full asking wedge at the vendors. Look at the mess they are all in!

PistoldPete2

John Percy - #dcfc offer for George Thorne was £1.5m plus add-ons, taking it to a potential £2m. #wba

Sounds like a fair offer, depending on the add-ons. Dont know where that would leave the player having had a transfer request turned down and reasonable offers being turned down too.

I would give the Chairman a Peace of my mind

I did say right from the start what our stance would be.

Who on here was it who said

1. WBA are a selling club and

2. Derby are minted?

Wrong on both counts by the looks

1. In 4/5 past seasons you've had to sell players to buy, that would indicate you are a selling club

2. 1 of our owners alone is worth 1.5 billion, just because we aren't throwing tons of money around doesn't mean we don't have it

Ramnut will explode when he hears about this  :lol:

you said you'd be mad if we don't sign him.

Be prepared to get mad.

2. Derby are minted?

We've made 2 bids.. Chill. Plenty more to come. Our bid will only get bigger. £1.5m is a big bid for a championship club. Not to mention we've also made a £1.5m bid to another player

PistoldPete2

2. Derby are minted?

Whos aid WBA are a selling club? And who says Derby are NOT minted? They have a bid turned down for a player- does this mean they are NOT minted? Shows they can afford at least £1.5 million on one player. 

2. Derby are minted?

It looks like we're prepared to pay 1.5 million for a squad player. That's presumably excluding any money set aside for the Thorne deal.

I'd say we're pretty well off for a Championship club.        :D

Archived