The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say net spend was almost zero - and having to sell the best full back in the division to fund other incomings is operate on a shoestring budget

you did when comparing to others. You didnt say anything about net fees when we bought frees in and 100k for Forsyth. That was the part I was referring to in your post. Apologies I should of worded it slightly better in my previous posts

Was that before or after Nigel turned them down

I honestly cannot remember any newspaper stories linking Clough to Forest at any time. Given his name etc.. It would have been all over the media if he had either applied for the job or been approached about it.

Personally I think the stories about it are made uo by fans to score points in petty arguments

That would never happen on here, Boycie would delete the thread.

That would not surprise me at all, after sacking O'Driscoll (99% of fans thought it was an awful decision) and the whole McLeish debacle many thought the current regime was a joke. They were clearly desperate to get the fans back on side which bringing Davies in did. They probably thought Clough would have the same effect (which it would not have).

Clough would not have left Derby to work for the current regime when they had already had sacked two managers and had one walk out after a few weeks when he had a very stable job at Derby.

It was that stable they sacked him.

Congrats you can now boast you have spent more money on players and lost more money on selling them that us, and never had to go to the premiership to do it.

Burnley have done very well. http://www.transferleague.co.uk/premiership-transfers/burnely-transfers.html

Give us a shout if you need directions, not been in your lifetime have they?

That smart remark, prompted me to check your past Wembely glories...

Wow, what a find!!!

Apart from Billy getting you to the play off final in 2007.

The last trip to Wembley was in 1945 (and the football league was cancelled) so you can't count that

Before that 1902.  

Forget the Sat Nav, Forget the M1, Forget the A1, Forget the Great North Road, you lot must have gone in a stage coach ( A small one at best)

But best of all, I find you languishing in Division Three North in 1984 - 1986.

Well I never, you never let on, when we were in League One!!

That smart remark, prompted me to check your past Wembely glories...

Wow, what a find!!!

Apart from Billy getting you to the play off final in 2007.

The last trip to Wembley was in 1945 (and the football league was cancelled) so you can't count that

Before that 1902.  

Forget the Sat Nav, Forget the M1, Forget the A1, Forget the Great North Road, you lot must have gone in a stage coach ( A small one at best)

But best of all, I find you languishing in Division Three North in 1984 - 1986.

Well I never, you never let on, when we were in League One!!

You need to find another source for your information me laddo.

Leicester play off final!

Cremonese Anglo Italian final! 

West Ham Charity shield!

Archived