The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looked at the league website, clubs in arrears are not permitted to register new players until the debt is repaid, also says clubs in default on May 31st preceding a new season may face suspension from the league.

It seems that Forest have pissed off the tax man….

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-pledge-alleged-pound-1-8m-tax/story-21184619-detail/story.html

"NOTTINGHAM Forest's players have been paid their wages for May – and the Reds have moved to calm fears there were any financial issues at the club.

There was a short delay in the payment, owing to a national holiday in Kuwait, where owner and chairman Fawaz Al Hasawi is based – which the club claim delayed a money transfer.

While Forest faced another appearance at the High Court in London on Monday, where it was confirmed a £200,000 catering debt that had been the subject of a petition for a winding-up order, issued by Le Bistro, had been settled.

But HMRC successfully applied to take over that petition, over an alleged £1.8m tax debt. Forest were granted until July 28 to settle that."

They really are a complete and utter joke. If they've got to pay their tax bill by the end of July, that's Physco's 'war chest' gone for a start. Couple that with the fact that Djebbourmetotears, the Algerian player who they had bought from Olympiacos who actually turned out to be a loan, WAS in fact bought, and Olympiacos want their money, means that it's business as usual at the Shitty Ground.

Their 12/13 accounts showed they owed the Revenue £1.475m at the year end,up from £624k the previous year,so it's obviously been rising.I did notice one or two other creditors had risen significantly as well.

Their 12/13 accounts showed they owed the Revenue £1.475m at the year end,up from £624k the previous year,so it's obviously been rising.I did notice one or two other creditors had risen significantly as well.

Is billy on the list?

**** me forest ****** over by a fake sheik. Who'd have thought it?

Oh yeah all if us who realised he wasn't actually rich just playing with his allowance

And that just proofed it really. Why would a bank holiday in Kuwait effect payments in England. Surely Nottingham Forest Ltd., or whatever the business entity is called, has a British bank account that it pays wages out of. But that needs to be topped up with Fawaz's pocket money every week (I wonder if he has to do the hoovering to get that).

PS genuine question, when does Physcho officially start. Was it July? Whenever it is, who is dealing with transfer dealings til then? Is Phsycho going to be late to the transfer party?

Probably just a Billy excuse, but he said being late to the party put us on the back foot for our record breaking (and proud) season. Is that the clanging bells of doom I here? (if you even make it to next season, and if Physcho doesn't think 'What the **** am I getting into?' Before then).

#imlovinit

No new CEO, some on LTLF saying that's why tax hasn't been paid. Fatwas is distracted by his search.

Mind you I think the tax could be an oversight - I mean £1.8m isn't that much in football wages - but when I calculated sammons estimated wages his NI and tax on 10k a week is 223k. 1.8 million is only the ANNUAL bill for EIGHT of him.

Fawaz earns his money at a friends hand car wash business, was nearly rumbled when Billy and Snozbitz turned up with a camera crew, but managed to pull the wool over their eyes in the end. Quite easy in billys case tho, just streched his socks up an inch.

Two ex-managers have filed a petition for unpaid compensation.

Could be King Billy, or SOD, or Alex McGinger, or King Billy again for his first stint, or.....

Bugger it, let's have a sweepstake.

Clearly all not well at Man City of the Midlands , frigdy is not minted as they thought and it appears to have thrown our little red furry friends into a right tizz.         http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28137&start=1

However the hardcore faithful on ltlf think forest vital are full of doom mongers and not proper fans. 

I expect the gumps that frequent here are busy having a whip round, hence lack of witty, usually historical dig, like 5-2, 11 points, play off final losers.

On the last point, its better to try and fail in the last match of the season, than to just give up half way through it...

Clearly all not well at Man City of the Midlands , frigdy is not minted as they thought and it appears to have thrown our little red furry friends into a right tizz. http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=28137&start=1

There are a few sensible people on there, but mostly deluded people.

'We're just run a bit on the fly, it's not a problem' - it's a multi million pound business, it shouldn't be run on the fly.

'Leeds have been run similarly badly, but the difference is they don't have a clique on the forum determined to find something wrong' - you don't have to be determined to find something wrong in Nottingham, and you surely can't want to emulate Leeds.

'Debts are only a big deal when you don't have the money to pay them, and clearly Fawaz does.' - clearly he doesn't, otherwise why bring the unnecessary stress that comes with having the tax man on your back.

I don't know how anyone can defend his actions at this point, let alone what appears to be quite a majority. Any other club and there would be organised protests by now.

Ding dong ding.

Archived