The demise of Forest

ladyram

Perhaps you do have a decent squad when the injuries clear up, however you have a lot high earners and dead weight, I expect moral is paper thin as well, and that can be the longest and hardest road to travel.

Moral must be pretty low after seeing a perfectly good promotion push collapse.

We do have a lot of deadwood to clear out as well, just like you had after Davies and Jewell (even though he was far worse at loading your squad with deadwood).

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The most insightful LTLF thought  of today (from the same person who suggested after McClaren joined Derby that we were now certainties for relegation)...

"I hope they give McClaren millions in his summer budget if they go up.

You'd see such a multi-car crash then imo. They'd have a worse dressing room than ours and that's saying summat !"

One of the worst things McClaren did was bring in highly paid players which really put the backs up of other players who were already at the club.

Miller on 18k a week is laughable really.

Moral must be pretty low after seeing a perfectly good promotion push collapse.

We do have a lot of deadwood to clear out as well, just like you had after Davies and Jewell (even though he was far worse at loading your squad with deadwood).

I don't disagree and thats one reason why I will mock any club that hires BD.  PJ paniced, he thought and a lot of others thought he could do a job, and he couldn't because the damage done by Davies was so complete it was beyound repair. 

Hindsight is wonderful, looking back we should have accepted our fate and gone down and not wasted money on trying to perform a miracle.  Also perhaps its a blessing in disguise that you collapsed now and not after getting promoted?

I don't disagree and thats one reason why I will mock any club that hires BD.  PJ paniced, he thought and a lot of others thought he could do a job, and he couldn't because the damage done by Davies was so complete it was beyound repair. 

Hindsight is wonderful, looking back we should have accepted our fate and gone down and not wasted money on trying to perform a miracle.  Also perhaps its a blessing in disguise that you collapsed now and not after getting promoted?

My memory was you were not completely adrift when PJ took over. His stock was very high after doing an outstanding job at Wigan and I thought it was quite a coup for you to land him at the time. He made an utter hash of his time though and did far more damage than Davies did, looking at it as an outsider.

The next club who hires Davies will have to be completely desperate on their knees. It certainly will not be of Forest's or Derby's stature.

My memory was you were not completely adrift when PJ took over. His stock was very high after doing an outstanding job at Wigan and I thought it was quite a coup for you to land him at the time. He made an utter hash of his time though and did far more damage than Davies did, looking at it as an outsider.

The next club who hires Davies will have to be completely desperate on their knees. It certainly will not be of Forest's or Derby's stature.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/league-table.html?season=2007-2008&month=NOVEMBER&timelineView=date&toDate=1196208000000&tableView=CURRENT_STANDINGS

We where adrift, just on goal difference allone

One of the worst things McClaren did was bring in highly paid players which really put the backs up of other players who were already at the club.

McLaren identified Miller, but surely he wasn't the one who offered the wage. That waas entirely down to the money men at the time.

Miller scored 10 goals for Yeovil between November and March ,imagine what he could have done for Forest with a good manager like Steve .Oh wait.

Interesting table. Top 5, same old,same old. Of the other 13, 8 are no longer there, 2 more could join them this season.

And Portsmouth 7th. Christ on a bike!

Another dcfc FACT lol

Misleading

Actually you are quite correct - I distinctly said 'players' - so in your case you did bloody well getting by on five all season.

See Greg Halford has gone into meltdown mode on twitter....

See that he's been charged by the FA for an incident the nobody spotted at Bournemouth. Must have sneaked on to the pitch and tried to make a contribution.

"Greg Halford could miss Nottingham Forest's final game of season after being hit with FA charge"

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Greg-Halford-miss-Nottingham-Forest-s-final-game/story-21029293-detail/story.html

GREG Halford has been charged with violent conduct following an incident at Bournemouth.

The versatile Nottingham Forest player has until 6pm tomorrow to respond to the FA charge.

The charge relates to an incident in the 50th minute of the game at Dean Court.

It was not spotted by the match officials at the time, but was captured on video.

See that he's been charged by the FA for an incident the nobody spotted at Bournemouth. Must have sneaked on to the pitch and tried to make a contribution.

"Greg Halford could miss Nottingham Forest's final game of season after being hit with FA charge"

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Greg-Halford-miss-Nottingham-Forest-s-final-game/story-21029293-detail/story.html

GREG Halford has been charged with violent conduct following an incident at Bournemouth.

The versatile Nottingham Forest player has until 6pm tomorrow to respond to the FA charge.

The charge relates to an incident in the 50th minute of the game at Dean Court.

It was not spotted by the match officials at the time, but was captured on video.

I have no idea what happened, there was no commotion or protests on the pitch. If he has been caught on camera and it is clear enough to bring a charge I do not see him having any sort of credible defence.

If it means he cannot play on Saturday, no-one will mind!

Miller scored 10 goals for Yeovil between November and March ,imagine what he could have done for Forest with a good manager like Steve .Oh wait.

£18k a week on a 24 year old striker who had scored a whopping 15 league career goals is laughable. But yes it should never have been sanctioned.

Panic buy written all over it. He may have done well at Yeovil but the fact he was sent back early in disgrace says it all really.

Versatile? He can't do a job in one position never mind several.

Utility players are only such because they are not good enough to nail down one position. For example, Chris Gunter at Forest was a right back and played there. He could also play left-back or right wing and did from time to time but still was considered a right-back because he performed well there consistently.

£18k a week on a 24 year old striker who had scored a whopping 15 league career goals is laughable. But yes it should never have been sanctioned.

Panic buy written all over it. He may have done well at Yeovil but the fact he was sent back early in disgrace says it all really.

Would have fitted in well down the road then . ;)

Archived