The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why they rate Lansbury so highly. I think he is a good player don't get me wrong - but let's say we get promoted this season, he is offered to us for a million - I wouldn't see the point.

He's a good Championship player that lacks the finesse to play in the Premier League - that's from what I have seen and what I can gather.

The statistics seem to back me up too. He plays less than 1 key pass per game (goalscoring opportunity) and only has a 75% pass accuracy. However, he does have over 2 shots a game.. most of which are from outside the box and off target - unsurprisingly. 

He does seem 'all-action' gets a good number of tackles in, yellow cards...etc but there is no substance to their claims about him being a 'world-class' player. 

A good Championship player, but in my opinion, way off from being a Premier League player. £1million seems about right. 

On the otherhand, I think Andy Reid has been absolutely superb this season - every game I've watched him play, he has been the driving force behind their side. 

Reid's getting no younger though and he hasn't been a player who's looked after himself and who you'd back to play to 36. Getting  few injuries as well.

Totally agree on Lansbury. Good player, not a great one. Bit part player at Norwich when they went up, bit part player at Wet Spam when they went up, and neither side chose to sign him for the Prem. Played a full role for a florist team that hasn't made the play-offs two years running despite massive investment in the squad. OK, he's still only 23 and may improve, but i don't see him making 100 Premier League appearances in his career, and I'd guess Will and Jeff will both do that.

Would Forest fans rather see us go up so that you wouldn't have to play us again next season, or lose in the playoffs and thereby ensure further humiliation for you next year?

I would rather you didn't get promotion because I'm selfish and I want to play your lot every year hopefully in prem as well.

Archived