The demise of Forest

ladyram

If we made it your lot shud beat us no question. But this is the play offs

Excuses out nice and early.  Where is the 'best squad' 'biggest club' 'our subs would be first choice in any other team'

I don't care about the play-offs, you finished below a team built by non league Nigel, and finished off by wally with the brolly.  How much have you spent?  You lot are full of ****, you still have a massive squad, its just the squad isn't playing.  You have hired a manager that has only managed 166 games and is a shandy drinker southerner, lets hope he maintains his win percentage he did the last time.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuses out nice and early. Where is the 'best squad' 'biggest club' 'our subs would be first choice in any other team'

I don't care about the play-offs, you finished below a team built by non league Nigel, and finished off by wally with the brolly. How much have you spent? You lot are full of ****, you still have a massive squad, its just the squad isn't playing. You have hired a manager that has only managed 166 games and is a shandy drinker southerner, lets hope he maintains his win percentage he did the last time.

Not sure I personally have said any of them things

Excuses out nice and early. Where is the 'best squad' 'biggest club' 'our subs would be first choice in any other team'

I don't care about the play-offs, you finished below a team built by non league Nigel, and finished off by wally with the brolly. How much have you spent? You lot are full of ****, you still have a massive squad, its just the squad isn't playing. You have hired a manager that has only managed 166 games and is a shandy drinker southerner, lets hope he maintains his win percentage he did the last time.

Not sure I personally have said any of them things

In fairness to Stoners the one thing that strikes me is his almost out-of-place-for-a-Forest-fan realism (add sanity to that too).

Good point about the shandy though, McRamFan.

Nottingham Forest’s Dexter Blackstock has been charged with multiple breaches of FA Rule E8(b) for misconduct in relation to betting.

Blackstock has until Monday 28 April 2014 to respond to the charge.

http://www.thefa.com/news/governance/2014/apr/dexter-blackstock-charged#Xcx3ktsXZP2PF73v.99

So there's their excuse, they've lost so many games because Blackstock has been making irregular bets (and whatever dodgy dealings that might apply).

Although he's not played all season has he, so that doesn't really work. I guess give got to keep yourself busy somehow if you're not playing.

Although not in a position to directly influence games (i.e. kicking the ball into his own net saying "I hope we get relegated"), it could be construed as the equivalent of 'insider trading'.

See , if they waited , instead of panicking , they could have had Moysie..

And he may have agreed to start before July!

and he's a 'proper' manager..

NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR NOTTINGHAM FOREST (™)

Just read on their forum, if they're promoted they will spend £200m in the transfer market in the summer, according to a fan who heard Fawaz say something. 

My first thoughts are 'wow, they're so lucky!!' I would love us to spend £200m on players, but, I think if we're promoted our board will be tight-fisted... I don't see us spending anything more than £150m tops. 

I guess it was telling when they hired Stuart Pearce though, I will be stunned if he is on less than £30m-a-year... same with David Vaughan, who has just signed, what a player.. he must be on 80/90k a week, surely? 

We just can't compete with them on a financial level. I think they'll finish in the Champions League next season, beating Arsenal and Chelsea to 3rd.

Oh wait. 

Just read on their forum, if they're promoted they will spend £200m in the transfer market in the summer, according to a fan who heard Fawaz say something.

My first thoughts are 'wow, they're so lucky!!' I would love us to spend £200m on players, but, I think if we're promoted our board will be tight-fisted... I don't see us spending anything more than £150m tops.

I guess it was telling when they hired Stuart Pearce though, I will be stunned if he is on less than £30m-a-year... same with David Vaughan, who has just signed, what a player.. he must be on 80/90k a week, surely?

We just can't compete with them on a financial level. I think they'll finish in the Champions League next season, beating Arsenal and Chelsea to 3rd.

Oh wait.

He doesn't say that tho does he ?

Plus how many agreed with the original poster?

Zero. But don't let that get in your way of your BS information and statistics that you usually come up with.

Shocking banter.

Zero. But don't let that get in your way of your BS information and statistics that you usually come up with.

Shocking banter.

Oi, he's a journalist you know, when do journos ever spout BS???

Shocking banter.

I'll sort this.

I have for the last hour or so been looking for a news article that was a interview with Fawaz and his ambitions for premier league glory and to get the 3rd star on forest shirts. I read it about 6 months ago and even then I can't remember how old the interview was. Fawaz reportedly said that he had put 200 million to one side to buy players when we get to the premier league. 

I have been thinking about that article due to all the talk of Moyes not being trusted with spending the Glazers 200 million.

Why does it seem so unrealistic? He openly says that he wants to be the one to drive forest to a third European trophy and is obviously desperate to get to premier league for that purpose. He's surely not daft enough to think hes going to do it cheaply and its not like 200m would be that much to him.

From my research, he is personally worth 1.6 billion and thats not including his family

If he wants to spend £200million I have no complaints. I'm excited on how much he is giving to Pearce this year, by the sounds of his interview, he will give players for Fawaz to sign and he will sign them. Manager's dream.

One thing about Fawaz though, he seems like the kind of guy to go in to Tesco and bargain over the out-of-date food prices. He has the money but he doesn't aimlessly spend it, he usually drives a hard bargain which is delightful to see. Isn't the type to spend £5.5million on Matt Mills. Oh, and he cares about youth players which is great to see in an overseas chairman.

It is a select few, but it's just mental. 

If a thread comes up about spending £200m the mods should delete it. I'd delete and ban anyone that did it on here. 

I only popped over for view on your supporters play-off hopes, that didn't seem that entertaining in fairness. 

I'll sort this.

It is a select few, but it's just mental. 

If a thread comes up about spending £200m the mods should delete it. I'd delete and ban anyone that did it on here. 

I only popped over for view on your supporters play-off hopes, that didn't seem that entertaining in fairness. 

Gutted :ph34r:

Archived