The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree in principle but they've taken things far too far - 'chalkboard' instead of blackboard? Really? A black person is going to be offended because we refer to something as black, when in fact it IS black? Why don't we go the whole hog and just eradicate the colour/word black from the English language altogether. I notice that we're still ok with 'whiteboards though'..... :rolleyes:

Apparently manhole covers are now "Personnel access units" so as not to offend the ladies - again, really?

Whilst it's great that we're predominantly no longer the ignorant prejudicial society that we once were, it's about time that certain people dialled down the fooking rhetoric or channel their efforts where there genuinely still IS work to do in educating folks. Instead of constantly ramming stupidity down our throats for stupidity's sake.

Common sense post. I have heard of people not asking for a black coffee in case that is deemed racist.

I remember reading that the Williams' sisters father refered to an oponent as a stupid white turkey. Had the boot been the other foot and either player called an ape or something similar there would have been uproar.

And as for offensive chanting all clubs have their idiots (some have a much bigger proportion than others though). It has always been a minority.

To be honest, the Nigel Doughty chanting was blown out of proportion, I don't remember it being a particularly clear on the night and it was a small proportion of your fans. It was awful for Doughty's father though who was there. However, you apologised and end of story.

It was during the 1-2 match after Nige told your lot to carry on playing despite Cohen getting injured.

I don't want to get into that old chestnut again, but your fans have sung far worse. Get over the mock outrage.

You didnt stop play for Thorne

You didnt stop play for Thorne

Thorne?

The sporting thing is to kick the ball out but teams have the right to play on and we only have ourselves to blame for the equaliser as we hesitated and got punished for it.

Had the boot been on the other foot then I would have been urging Forest to play on.

Whilst it's great that we're predominantly no longer the ignorant prejudicial society that we once were, it's about time that certain people dialled down the fooking rhetoric or channel their efforts where there genuinely still IS work to do in educating folks. Instead of constantly ramming stupidity down our throats for stupidity's sake.

So will this be your last post on this forum??

Shame, I quite liked you :)

Thorne?

The sporting thing is to kick the ball out but teams have the right to play on and we only have ourselves to blame for the equaliser as we hesitated and got punished for it.

Had the boot been on the other foot then I would have been urging Forest to play on.

Yeah, he got injured in 50/50 last month and appeared to be in agony instantly. The tackle was a tough one and either player could have been hurt. Forest played on though.

And so you should. As we did.

Only mentioned it as Cohen's injury and us playing on is surprisingly quite often mentioned.

People only moan when it's against them. Otherwise it's "play to the whistle"

Yeah, he got injured in 50/50 last month and appeared to be in agony instantly. The tackle was a tough one and either player could have been hurt. Forest played on though.

And so you should. As we did.

Only mentioned it as Cohen's injury and us playing on is surprisingly quite often mentioned.

People only moan when it's against them. Otherwise it's "play to the whistle"

If the team kicked the ball out and squandered an advantage every time a player went down then you would soon get players dropping like flies to attempt to stop the game.

It is the referees decision whether the player needs instantaneous treatment or whether it can wait until the next break in play as well.

Nigel Clough was right to urge you on and most managers would have done the same. The thing that I did not like about Clough was his berating of the officials on the touchline. All managers do it but he seemed to do it so frequently and in such a petulant manner as well.

Just watching the incident again and we did not really stop playing once Cohen had gone down. Some of our players had their hands up appealing to the referee but no-one had stopped running. There were certainly several attempts to stop Jamie Ward in his tracks before he scored.

Apparently manhole covers are now "Personnel access units" so as not to offend the ladies - again, really?

Inspection chambers.

Gumps used to chant semi-racist songs about Lessta before they ended up in foreign ownership themselves. The object is to wind up the opposition. Not many fans actually think too deeply about it. I would hazard a guess that not many wake up in the morning and think, "right. i'm gonna sing racist songs today". 

You go the match, join in a few songs, occasionally you squirm and roll your eyes at the lad next to you if its particularly offensive or just downright naff but rarely is it worthy of comment.

I don't give a stuff when it was . I'm commenting on it because I hadn't heard it before. 

It's not 'mock' outrage sunshine.

Get over the holier than thou attitude, it doesn't wash.

Or am I not allowed an opinion on an individual thing, just because some fooker I don't know might have said something worse.  I am commenting on it as an individual case.

Cry me a river cupcake. This is football.

I think the point I made is that YOU should get over the holier than thou atttitude?

1-1 Forest/Wall. MBoro 2 Derby 1

I hope not. Hope we both win.

So we can grab 3rd and you can grab 6th.

Then we'll definitely go to Wembley. If you got 6th and QPR 3rd you'd probably do them, and that would leave us with Wigan which is probably the toughest team in the playoffs.

...you would soon get players dropping like flies to attempt to stop the game.

Should've seen Millwall's antics at our place the other month. They went 1-0 up and spent the rest of the game rolling round on the floor every 5 minutes. Scott Malone went in for a tackle, skidded out of touch and then actually rolled back onto the pitch to get the game stopped. Fvcking $hitbag

Ref didn't seem too impressed with their shenanigans but he had no option but to bring things to a halt.

Shameful bunch of cvnts.

For me, players should not put the ball out of play if a player is down. It is not their responsibility to stop play, it is referee's alone.

Change the rule so trainers come on whilst the game continues. That'd stop the likes of Millwall in their tracks.

Should've seen Millwall's antics at our place the other month. They went 1-0 up and spent the rest of the game rolling round on the floor every 5 minutes. Scott Malone went in for a tackle, skidded out of touch and then actually rolled back onto the pitch to get the game stopped. Fvcking $hitbag

Ref didn't seem too impressed with their shenanigans but he had no option but to bring things to a halt.

Shameful bunch of cvnts.

I hope Millwall are not in a position today to start such tactics.

Massive game for us today and we are now in last chance saloon. If we can get two wins from the next home games against Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday then we will be right back in the mix. If we just end up with one point then the season will be over bar the shouting.

With Wilson, Lansbury, Vaughan and Reid coming back to fitness as well we would stand a great chance of having a decent run in. A team below would stand a chance in the play-offs.

Darlow

Jara Lascelles Wilson Fox

Vaughan

Lansbury Reid

Majewski

Paterson Mackie

A rare day today - Really want a Forest win. Can't stand Millwall and their tactics at our place deserves to see them relegated. Pathetic excuse for a football club, and not even due to their fans this time, just their fookwit of a Manager, and his cheating c**t tactics. 

Hope Forest beat them 5-0.

Archived