The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They still need a decent striker if they are serious about promotion.

Djebbour has the potential to be a good goal scorer. Whether he will hit the ground running remains to be seen. Four strikers netted in the last match and there is plenty of goal potential from midfield.

QPR have signed a Brazilian striker who last scored 3 in 19, which puts the signing of Djebbour firmly into perspective.

Mind you, Martin's record was not impressive before this season so it does show how players can drastically improve.

The Derby is going to be absolutely massive this season. 

I think that Derby and Forest being near each other will actually work for us and them in that if we keep having to win games to stay above Forest and have the psychological edge then this will propel both teams up the league. 

I think that Derby and Forest being near each other will actually work for us and them in that if we keep having to win games to stay above Forest and have the psychological edge then this will propel both teams up the league. 

I'm not buying the away membership, think I am going to take a chance on getting a ticket.

I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference tbh - we're both going to end up in the playoffs now, and as soon as you're in them it's a lottery anyway.

I think the top 6 now, with some internal jostling, will be the top 6 come the end of the season.

I don't think it'll make the slightest bit of difference tbh - we're both going to end up in the playoffs now, and as soon as you're in them it's a lottery anyway.

I think the top 6 now, with some internal jostling, will be the top 6 come the end of the season.

Actually I do have to agree with you looking at the league table. 

The chances of both clubs being in the playoffs are very very high. 

Unless one makes Automatic, i really can't see Burnley sustaining a push at Charlie Austin is now out for a long time with a Shoulder Op. Maybe one of Burnley, Derby or Forest could stake a claim in the coming weeks for the 2nd spot. Especially considering Burnley and QPR play each other tomorrow and then we play QPR next week.

Actually I do have to agree with you looking at the league table. 

The chances of both clubs being in the playoffs are very very high. 

Unless one makes Automatic, i really can't see Burnley sustaining a push at Charlie Austin is now out for a long time with a Shoulder Op. Maybe one of Burnley, Derby or Forest could stake a claim in the coming weeks for the 2nd spot. Especially considering Burnley and QPR play each other tomorrow and then we play QPR next week.

Whilst it would be amusing to see Harry stuff it up, he's a lucky fooker so I expect QPR to snatch the second spot. Then it's Us, Forest, Burnley and Reading in the playoffs. Given our luck, and Forest's luck I could see us both losing in the SFs and fooking Reading going up from sixth.

Fair points, my post did imply that success would only come in the long run. I was really envious of you two seasons ago when we were lucky not to be relegated and you had a very steady season which was an improvement on a couple of seasons of struggle on a low wage bill, whereas we were paying massive wages to garbage players like Miller, Greening and Derbyshire.

This is not his team, Nigel Clough did well at building a talented side but could not get the best out of them. It will be interesting to see what happens when McClaren starts making signings as that is not his forte based on his time with us and Middlesbrough.

The last time we were competing was the 03/04 season when we struggled against relegation. Had we won the "coffee cup" 4-2 defeat you would have gone down and we would have put ourselves pretty much safe, whilst I remember that dragged us right back down there again.

Fantastic window for us, we have a fantastic depth in squad everywhere on the pitch. Fawaz must be wanting us to have a good tilt for second position.

I would argue the difference...

big difference between the side that started the season and the one that will end it.

I would argue the difference...

big difference between the side that started the season and the one that will end it.

Clough:

Grant

Smith Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Hughes Hendrick Bryson

Russell Martin Ward

McClaren:

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Eustace                                            <---- Wouldn't be surprised to see Thorne finish up there though

Bryson Hughes

Bamford Martin Dawkins

What also is not noticeable here is the strength of the bench after the change. 

Archived