The demise of Forest

ladyram

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are we even arguing about who's the worst team? That's a bitor a sad indictment of East Mids football. Any neutral reading this page would bang our heads together, decide we're both crap and we should get over it.

Instead, we should be arguing about who's best. Apparently Forest is the biggest, most successful club in history. So, speaking historically, how many times have you won the top division (which even Brian said was a harder competition to win at that time, the only thing that made the European Cup difficult was negotiating the dodgy refs)? But we could probably argue abut hat all day, so should just agree to disagree. I'll call that a draw.

Speaking more recently, well there's not even an argument really is there. Forest are successful and have been for a long time. Derby have been considerably less successful.

And what is this about the official club of Forest going out of business? Genuinely, I don't know what the story id behind that. Wikipedia mentions something about issue when ITV digital went bust. Is it something to do with that?

My first job was a 'trainee manager' at Woolies 43 years ago.

I lasted 4 weeks and 1 day. Supposedly working a shift system that required me to work 1 Saturday in 3, they somehow manipulated my shifts to work Saturdays 3 weeks on the trot (the old "Sorry, because of absenteeism, we have had to change your shift this week - sorry, but you have to work next Saturday" lark).

When, at the start of the 4th week, the boss said "OK, you are back on your original shift again this week - you have to work next Saturday" - I told him that he was taking the piss and that I would not be turning up - and I didn't. I went to see us play Chelsea away instead.

Sure enough, my cards were waiting for me when I turned up for work - instant dismissal.

Ever considered getting another job Eddie?

Also, interesting point to note from wikipedia, while we're dragging up ancient history,

"for much of the first half of the 20th century the club spent life in the Second Division (and had to seek re-election in 1914 after finishing bottom). In 1949 the club were relegated to the Third Division."

So ancient past, recent past, present and future... Forest have been and always will be ****.

This is a much better quote from the same source...

Brian Clough took charge at Derby and kickstarted a revolution at the club; it went on to win the Football League First Division twice in the 1970s and reach the European Cup semi finals in 1973 before rapidly declining back to the third tier and near financial meltdown within ten years of its second Championship.

This is a much better quote from the same source...

Brian Clough took charge at Derby and kickstarted a revolution at the club; it went on to win the Football League First Division twice in the 1970s and reach the European Cup semi finals in 1973 before rapidly declining back to the third tier and near financial meltdown within ten years of its second Championship.

Note, the word NEAR, we didn't go out of business did we like some hmmm, we are the derby county that formed in the 1800's you lot went under and are a new florest not the original.

We won 2 league titles, you spawned your way through the euro's playing nothing teams, at least we played real madrid and juventus.

Who was it you played in the final Malmo???? that giant of a club.

Why don't all you gumps stop banging on about the past you wasn't even born.

5-0 gumps

and manure's badge has no stars????

That's a damn fine point. It's not like the world cup. You don't automatically get stars because you've won a European cup. Does anyone else have stars because they've won the European cup. Have Aston Villa got one, or Celtic (I honestly can't remember). 

Does this mean that Forest have fallen so far from grace that they have to incorporate this symbol into their badge, just to remind people that, for a brief time, they were good once. "Remember us."

It's a bit pathetic really, and plastered with pride on the badge. 

It's like stars on hotels. There's no standardised test there. You can put whatever stars you want above the door. It means **** all. Although, I'l tell you what, 2 stars normally means 'shithole' and in Forest's case, it's spot on.

So you keep those stars with pride, you deluded daft ********.

Its terrible whats happened to forest.

Awful.

Really upsetting.

Rivalry aside and all that.....it really is bad.

I take no pleasure at all from their demise

None whatsoever.

Good club i'm sure.

Great fans no doubt.

And for all this to happen when they were on the verge of the play offs.

Tut tut tut.

Dear dear me.

I take no pleasure at all from their demise

I must point out your obvious mistake here...

'Demise' implies they were once good.

They're just a chit team getting shitter. I'm bored of them now, let's start a Leicester thread instead.

Fantastic bites guys.. That certainly cheered up my evening! :lol:

Who should we appoint? Not someone immediately. Seasons over, give Gary Brazil the remaining fixtures as it doesn't matter. Get the right man in the summer.

Dean Saunders to be appointed by next Friday probably.

Gary Brazil's 2 defeats away from the sack.

Note, the word NEAR, we didn't go out of business did we like some hmmm, we are the derby county that formed in the 1800's you lot went under and are a new florest not the original.

We won 2 league titles, you spawned your way through the euro's playing nothing teams, at least we played real madrid and juventus.

Who was it you played in the final Malmo???? that giant of a club.

Why don't all you gumps stop banging on about the past you wasn't even born.

5-0 gumps

I should not bite but we beat the reigning European champions Liverpool in the first round (no seeding in those days) and German champions Cologne in the semi finals. We beat Ajax and Hamburg enroute in the next season.

Looking at the different rounds shows what a completely different competition it was with teams for Ireland, Northern Ireland and Malta playing in the proper rounds. All teams played minnows in those days. The UEFA cup was very strong in those days as well.

Anyway winning two European Cups is something we should be rightfully proud of and you can argue it was harder to win having had to win the league to compete than in this day and age. It does not affect the club now or even make us a big club but why should not be proud of something that special?

Listening to Danny Taylor (massive Forest fan and chief football writer for the Guardian) has touched on the damage that Davies has caused by allowing him and Price to run the club as a two band show meaning there is no structure with no senior staff. Fawaz has ****** up big time for allowing that to happen ...

Fawaz was Billy's dream come true.

A gullible/naive chairman who threw money at him and essentially let him dictate how the club was run. Thankfully We got rid of the little **** before he totally screwed us behind the scenes as much as did out on the pitch. Just a shame that we then bought in the p0rnstar as the 'saviour'.....

Fawaz was Billy's dream come true.

A gullible/naive chairman who threw money at him and essentially let him dictate how the club was run. Thankfully We got rid of the little **** before he totally screwed us behind the scenes as much as did out on the pitch. Just a shame that we then bought in the p0rnstar as the 'saviour'.....

Was it really like that? Could look at other way. Media ban was to stop him giving away the owners for the dodgy bloke he is? Clear signings made weren't Billy's. Noise now that Fawaz wants influence where he shouldn't from potential managers...

Who really know.

I should not bite but we beat the reigning European champions Liverpool in the first round (no seeding in those days) and German champions Cologne in the semi finals. We beat Ajax and Hamburg enroute in the next season.

Looking at the different rounds shows what a completely different competition it was with teams for Ireland, Northern Ireland and Malta playing in the proper rounds. All teams played minnows in those days. The UEFA cup was very strong in those days as well.

Anyway winning two European Cups is something we should be rightfully proud of and you can argue it was harder to win having had to win the league to compete than in this day and age. It does not affect the club now or even make us a big club but why should not be proud of something that special?

Listening to Danny Taylor (massive Forest fan and chief football writer for the Guardian) has touched on the damage that Davies has caused by allowing him and Price to run the club as a two band show meaning there is no structure with no senior staff. Fawaz has ****** up big time for allowing that to happen ...

TARDIS for Knowle....

Was it really like that? Could look at other way. Media ban was to stop him giving away the owners for the dodgy bloke he is? Clear signings made weren't Billy's. Noise now that Fawaz wants influence where he shouldn't from potential managers...

Who really know.

Good point. Doesn't make for pleasant thinking either way.....well, not for Forest fans. For the rest of us, fooking hilarious.

What really got up my nose was Billy's ramblings when we got promoted about 'It should have been Preston'.

Imagine if he'd got Forest promoted and ranted on about 'It should have been Derby.'

Just a self-serving odious little gob-***** dwarf.

Fact.

Archived