The demise of Forest

ladyram

All true, it was a democratic vote and all that, but I still don't have confidence that they'll abide by it when the chips are down. It's the FA innit? Ineptitude and venality are in their DNA.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All true, it was a democratic vote and all that, but I still don't have confidence that they'll abide by it when the chips are down. It's the FA innit? Ineptitude and venality are in their DNA.

If it was the FA, I'd agree - but it was the Football League.

If Forest get into major trouble over it, look upon it as Tom Glick proving that he was a Ram after all.

It was the FL clubs who voted for it - democratically.

How ironic that the ones who cheat are claiming that being told that they are not going to able to cheat any longer is unfair. Sorry, but that's tough.

I don't disagree with you.

However, I just cannot see the FL stringently enforcing the massive fines that are being talked about. As for transfer embargoes, if the club has amassed a good enough squad like Leicester then they will not need to spend any more. Watford still managed to get round their embargo in the summer as well.

I honestly agree with you, Knowle. I think that the only way it will be acceptable to some clubs is if the penalties were watered down to the level of a slap on the wrist - and then the whole thing would have proved to be a pointless exercise.

I honestly agree with you, Knowle. I think that the only way it will be acceptable to some clubs is if the penalties were watered down to the level of a slap on the wrist - and then the whole thing would have proved to be a pointless exercise.

Agreed. I don't think many clubs have altered their spending plans either to comply with the rules.

What's this about the florist chief scout being put on gardening leave? Odd.

Too close to Billy, I reckon. Fridgy is now appearing to be demonstrating that he is the boss - after all, it is HIS dosh that BD is pissing up the wall. Prior to this week I thought that they had ditched all their scouting staff, but apparently it was 'only' their European scout - closely followed by the head of scouting/recruitment.

Agreed. I don't think many clubs have altered their spending plans either to comply with the rules.

Leicester clearly have - they off-loaded a lot of players last summer and didn't buy anyone for silly money. All because they know that it's this season's accounts that FFP will apply to.

Too close to Billy, I reckon. Fridgy is now appearing to be demonstrating that he is the boss - after all, it is HIS dosh that BD is pissing up the wall. Prior to this week I thought that they had ditched all their scouting staff, but apparently it was 'only' their European scout - closely followed by the head of scouting/recruitment.

Who needs European scouting when they're in the market for "The next Daniel Amokachi".......

I can see a least one championship side slide down the leagues because of this, the gumps are at risk, however should be fine, after all its coming into the peak fridge selling period in Kuwait, it will be QPR that explodes.

Leicester clearly have - they off-loaded a lot of players last summer and didn't buy anyone for silly money. All because they know that it's this season's accounts that FFP will apply to.

Or maybe there owners simply did not want to put any more money in? You cannot blame them as they have already spent a fortune with various different managers and felt it was up to Pearson to get the best out of what he has. They were a million miles from complying with FFP anyway.

I have my ticket for the all important clash on the 22nd!

http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/lichaj-and-wilson-fitness-updates-1404194.aspx

Nottingham Forest manager Billy Davies had mixed injury news to report ahead of tomorrow’s trip to Barnsley.
Forest have been without the services of a number of key players in recent months and this weekend must travel to a side scrapping for Sky Bet Championship survival.

Speaking to Forest Player ahead of the Tykes clash, the Reds manager revealed Eric Lichaj may soon become the latest name on a long list of absentees, while Kelvin Wilson could this afternoon make a significant step towards a return to the first team.

He said: “The news on Eric isn’t good. It looks like he’s got a pelvic problem, the extent of which we’re waiting to hear about from the medical staff. It’s another terrible blow for us. We had a good week’s training from him prior to the Wigan match and he and the medical people gave us the green light to include him.

“Unfortunately he felt it getting worse and worse as the game progressed and we had to make the change.

“Kelvin will hopefully get a good 60 minutes in today’s Under 21s match away to Coventry. That’s his first big step towards getting himself match fit.”

The manager also revealed David Vaughan’s recovery from a broken kneecap has been halted by an appendix operation, while two players have returned from international duty with minor injuries.

He said: “Rafik Djebbour has picked up a slight ankle problem, which we’ll look at today, and Simon Cox has got a stiff neck. We’ll try and get him right for tomorrow. Gonzalo Jara has come back fully fit.

“Andy Reid is also coming back from his hernia operation and Guy Moussi has returned from France.”

I don't disagree with you.

However, I just cannot see the FL stringently enforcing the massive fines that are being talked about. As for transfer embargoes, if the club has amassed a good enough squad like Leicester then they will not need to spend any more. Watford still managed to get round their embargo in the summer as well.

Good enough for this League, not the Prem though, that side would take a pounding in the Prem and with an embargo they would be certainly relegated.

Whether that's their plan and just cash in on one season to wipe the debt, who know's, we shall see.

He said: “The news on Eric isn’t good. It looks like he’s got a pelvic problem, the extent of which we’re waiting to hear about from the medical staff. It’s another terrible blow for us. We had a good week’s training from him prior to the Wigan match and he and the medical people gave us the green light to include him. 

“Unfortunately he felt it getting worse and worse as the game progressed and we had to make the change. 

Read more at http://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/news/article/lichaj-and-wilson-fitness-updates-1404194.aspx?#sCmRQ3oiesd4u0C8.99

"http://jaredblakedicroce.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/dr_nick_simpsons" alt="dr_nick_simpsons">

Archived