The demise of Forest

ladyram

Basically 

Ambitious is a sensible Derby fan

Eddie seems nice, but prone to mood swings

I'm senile - I can never remember what internet persona I am supposed to be projecting from one day to the next. 

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 'It should have been Preston' thing was in the Lancashire Evening Post not long after he left.

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/davies-it-should-have-been-north-end-1-63969

When he has failed again at Forest and walked away with another wheelbarrow-sized payoff, you will feel about him the same way that Preston and Derby fans do. If ever a man deserved the accolade of 'Least likely to be pissed on if he was on fire', he does.

I've always believed that that was just a cynical and manipulative attempt to get the Preston job back.

i doubt it actually happened.

We've undoubtedly got a lot of injuries.

We have a good team when fit.

We don't go to the U21's when short of a player.

Having said that Lascelles and Darlow have been excellent so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends in tears

Agreed. Wigan are definately going to the play offs with us and QPR (unless we go up automatically). Florist will competing for the 4th spot? 

I've always believed that that was just a cynical and manipulative attempt to get the Preston job back.

i doubt it actually happened.

if he didn't want to leave Preston why did he?

Reckon he knew they were skint after he'd spent their cash building his super Preston squad

Manipulative, poisonous dwarf.

When asked about loans on Saturday he said "its in the hands of other people" he wouldn't even day if he'd given them a list just repeating "its in the hands of other people" he didn't deny the embargo rumours either

Reckon he knew they were skint after he'd spent their cash building his super Preston squad

When asked about loans on Saturday he said "its in the hands of other people" he wouldn't even day if he'd given them a list just repeating "its in the hands of other people" he didn't deny the embargo rumours either

Either way, he seems flawed in his personality. Weirdo

Agreed. Wigan are definately going to the play offs with us and QPR (unless we go up automatically). Florist will competing for the 4th spot? 

It might end up being Forest by default, because so many other top half teams seem to be going through a run of dodgy form. Are Ipswich, Brighton, Reading etc capable of bridging the gap? Only if Forest's wheels come off entirely, and I just don't see that happening.

We've undoubtedly got a lot of injuries.

We have a good team when fit.

We don't go to the U21's when short of a player.

Having said that Lascelles and Darlow have been excellent so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends in tears

I agree - I was stumped when I saw Forest lose 4-1, I really was.

I thought it was a nailed on draw, Wigan had a few very key first-team players out injured too. Not to the same extent, but a player like Watson missing leaves a huge void. And their striker situation is really quite poor.

And it's exactly that. It's a well known fact when Billy Davies left, Preston had a massive rebuild job at hand.

I think Billy actually left Preston in good nick, lots of assets - different situation we was left in and when Paul Simpson took over, he had less than half-a-million to spend, despite shifting a million+ out.

And in fairness, Simmo took them to a point outside the play-offs, cracking job IMO

The year after they were absolutely stripped and he was sacked in November with Irvine taking over. Again, he didn't do a bad job really. Their ownership just couldn't carry the cost and the team suffered when cut backs were made.

Unfortunate, but you can see why they are where they are.

---

Also, I think talk of getting Billy Davies out is absolutely ********. He isn't the best manager in the world, but for me, if he finishes in the play-offs he has more than matched his target for the season.

Forest had top 2 aspirations, however, their actual level is top 6. That's where their budget lies and that's what their goal should be.

You should be judged on what wage-bill you're carrying. The fact us and Burnley could finish above the likes of Forest and QPR is staggering. But, so is us finishing above the likes of Bolton too.

My argument when we sacked Clough was, our realistic expectations were being succeeded - it's not a nice thought and like people say, money doesn't always buy you success but money sets your expectation level.

Whilst their is two sides in the division with a bigger wage-bill than Forest then they shouldn't be expected to finish in the top two. As long as they make the play-offs then, it will be all fine.

He did want to leave preston.

But after it had gone sour here, and he failed to get other job offers, he cynically tried to worm his way back into the Preston fans affections with that story.

It didn't work.

Dispatches tonight, 8pm Channel 4

Dispatches goes undercover to reveal the extent of racism and homophobia in top flight English football.

In 2013, the police and the Crown Prosecution Service, backed by the Football Association, promised to tackle 'all forms of abuse in football, be it in the stands, or on our computer screens'.

Dispatches filmed undercover at clubs across the country. Reporter Morland Sanders' investigation exposes how some supporters take part in systematic and flagrant homophobic chanting.

It also raises serious concerns about the police's response to racism and homophobia. One incident, captured on camera in front of the police, shows how fans shouting deeply offensive racist abuse escape unpunished.

The film also examines the commitment of the authorities to dealing with football-related discrimination online. Dispatches research reveals racist remarks on the fan forums linked to the official websites of major clubs as well as other social media networks.

One of the games featured is supposed to be Leicester v Forest

How did Wigan manage to beat the famous team at the weekend?

Copied this of another forum, Posted by a Wigan fan.

I have loved the reaction to us hammering Forest. We are in the middle of an injury crisis as well yet that seems to have been glossed over.

We were without Carson, Rogne, Holgersson, Caldwell, Watson, Maloney, Powell. Plus McManaman and Ramis were only on the bench after returning from injuries. McEachran isn't fit enough to play a full game.

Out of those players at least 5, probably 6, would have had a very strong chance of starting against Forest.

Archived